Audio Input / I-Daptor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audio Input / I-Daptor

I am putting an '08 Z1 on order. It has the Clarion CD/MP3 head unit.

I'm not sure of Audio hook-up to use???? THere are two options shown in the catalog - an I-Pod integrated adaptor. Pretty certian this is like a flat around 24 pin connector - mates to the I-POD and the head unit then shows the play list etc.

Other "option" is called "Auxillary Audio Input". Does anyone know whatthis is? If I use a product that isn't Apples what is the actual connection.

I know upper end audio systems are using built in hard drives - anyone know of the options out there? I assume an external storage would need a USB connector.

Suggestions? - guess I can pay $200 for the "I-Pod integrated adaptor" Then I need to go buy an I-POD.

The AUX input uses a double-ended headphone jack. This method allows you to use the Ipod, or any MP3 player, as if you ar listening through the headphones. Can be mounted on either the driver's or passenger's side. Downside: does not charge Ipod, but does not prevent you from plugging it into the cig socket w/car charger.

The Ipod interface works through the Clarion head unit's CNET plug. It sees the Ipod as a CD changer. Allows for charging, can be controlled through head unit and remote. Downside: Can not scroll through Ipod's play lists, must create up to 6 play list with all the songs, as the head unit treats as a 6 CD changer.

I prefer the AUX input myself.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

chp, I think that was true of the old units. The new CCA-IPOD is supposed to fix that. LINK
      "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
      "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

Originally posted by evil0ne View Post
        chp, I think that was true of the old units. The new CCA-IPOD is supposed to fix that. LINK
        That may be true, but is this the one now being offered by Tige. The last system I installed had the old one from Tige.

*EDIT* If this is the one offered by Tige, by all means, go for it
        CCA-IPOD Controller:
        *iPod® Audio Transfer Through CeNET Busing
        *Sort Music by Song Title, Album, Artist, Composer, Genre and Playlist.
        *Track Information on CD Text Compatible Source Units
        *Recharges iPod® Battery
        Last edited by chpthril; 03-16-2008, 03:58 PM.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

If it isn't offered by Tige I'd recommend not buying their option and just ordering it from Crutchfield yourself and plugging it in.

I'm sure this is the other option they're using that CHP was referring to.
          "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
          "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

Originally posted by evil0ne View Post
            If it isn't offered by Tige I'd recommend not buying their option and just ordering it from Crutchfield yourself and plugging it in.

I'm sure this is the other option they're using that CHP was referring to.
            you can get that from tige and they will run it all the way from drivers seat to the radio. if you get the one you show in the pic it has to be mounted on passanger side of boat or you need to also get a long set of rca to run it like tige does.

Comment

KKO,

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Hey - FYI the owners manual for the Clarion unit is online. I tried to find the adaptor and did a search on the P/N which is EA12768. Only one "Hit" came up - and it is a 40+ page manual. Tige should put a link to it. Shows all the hook-ups for Sub woofer etc.

Comment

Awake1, where u located? What dealer you going through?
                  Here in Denver WWS is doing my Z1 with the IPOD adapter seperate from the Tige "option" as they know how to get the playlists etc working properly.
                  Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

For what it's worth the sound quality is said to be better out of the bottom plug vs. the head phone jack (per Tim of Wetsounds). I have to assume he knows what he's talking about--he makes a pretty decent speaker

If sound quality is a big concern for you I'd take his recommendation and use the bottom plug.
                    Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Where can I get one of these? I cannot seem to find it anywhere.
                      Attached Files
                      I'm on a boat man. I got my flippy floppies....

Comment

Originally posted by rushin View Post
                        Where can I get one of these? I cannot seem to find it anywhere.
                        I think I can get them, let me look. Do you need an extension cable also?

Comment

Do you need an extension cable also?
                          By extension cable, do you mean rca's on both ends?

If so no, I can pick one of those up.

I would just like to get a cable that goes into the bottom of the ipod to rca's, then I can get a long rca cable.

Comment

Originally posted by rushin View Post
                            By extension cable, do you mean rca's on both ends?

If so no, I can pick one of those up.

I would just like to get a cable that goes into the bottom of the ipod to rca's, then I can get a long rca cable.
                            Yes, just wanted to make sure you didn't need to reach over to the driver's side cause the socket has only about a 3' lead.

I'm 99% sure what is listed on my dealer price sheet is the same thing, I just need to look online and make sure. I'll send you a PM tomorrow with a price.

Comment

I am going to go over to the drivers side but I think I already have a long rca cable.

That would be great to get a price on that.

Thank You.

Comment

Working...
                              X