Question about satellite install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about satellite install

I am going to put a sirius marine antenna on my boat, any suggestions where to mount it. I have a 96 pre2002.
    Thanks
    Last edited by pbrown; 03-09-2008, 05:18 PM. Reason: spelling

im not sure what layout you have on your boat but i ran mine through the vent on the passenger side of the dash. took off the cover over the vent. just bend a philips screwdriver in a 90 degree angle and then you can get in there without the dash being in the way. drill a hole next to the vent and run the wire through there. then notch out a little v for the wire to go through the plastic cover and use some realy good double sided adhesive and mount it right on top of the plastic cover.

Comment

Also not sure of your setup, but we put mine right in front of the tower on the passenger side. Just lift the leg and drop the cable, it worked perfect.
      "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
      "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

What antenna are you going with? The Galaxy SRA-40, or the little black one that comes in the SIR-CR3.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I have both, but I bought the galaxy sra - 40, which is what I plan on going with.

Comment

On my boat, also a pre2002, I think the only location that would look ok would be on the tower somehow. I can't think of a place where it would look good and be functional.
            http://www.wakeboatworld.com
            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by pbrown View Post
              I have both, but I bought the galaxy sra - 40, which is what I plan on going with.
              The SRA-40 has a rubber gasket and makes for a nice surface mount. Mount it in front of the windshield just to the inside of the tower leg.
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Have there been any problems with reception when you have your bimini up? I was kind of worried that when facing certain derections that the signal might be blocked. I loose reception in my truck when ever I am under something. I actualy have the sra-25, I believe its smaller than the sra-40.

Comment

I don't think a bimini will block your signal. A bridge...yes. Mine actually works in my garage, under trees, with a rag over it, etc... If there is something really solid -like a bridge or roof--it won't work.

Try it with a piece of cloth over it and I'll bet ya you still get a good signal. Try it and let us know how it works.
                  Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Thanks guys, Ill put it in this weekend.

Comment

I have Sirius installed in my boat... Mine is mounted underneath the "Passenger" side window... It works fine while I'm tinkering with the boat with the cover half way folded back... So you shouldn't have an issue with the bimini too terribly much...
                      http://www.linkedin.com/in/zachgarcia
                      http://www.facebook.com/people/Zach-Garcia/1327360382

Comment

Patrick, I'll try to post these for you here instead.
                        The first is of the dash where the antenna and the XM receiver cradle are mounted on the far right hand side. The second is kind of a jumbled photo from under the dash just showing that the wire from the antenna to the cradle has just been zip tied to other wires. Please let me know if you need any other photos. Our sattelite radio has been priceless on any lake we have been on. I love listening to the football games while on the lake.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                        X