• Show
Clear All

New Sony Head Unit

Check out the new sony head unit:
    Seems nice -
    http://www.xplodsony.com/marine/headunits/CDX-H905IP
    Attached Files
    Work Hard, Play Harder

I've known a couple people that haven't had the best of luck with the sony marine products...including that one. Given it was mounted where it was in full weather, but it makes claims that it can handle that. We are all really rough on everything in our boats as we are saltwater users, but still, three head units in one summer got old fast.

Comment

Ouch thats not good at all. Good to know.
      Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

Originally posted by mtnsmith View Post
        I've known a couple people that haven't had the best of luck with the sony marine products...including that one. Given it was mounted where it was in full weather, but it makes claims that it can handle that. We are all really rough on everything in our boats as we are saltwater users, but still, three head units in one summer got old fast.
        I hate to be a contrarian, but the 905IP has just now hit warehouses stateside. There is no way someone could have had bad luck with it. It has not been installed in any boat yet.

The 70H, ( I think that is the model number) has been out for a year, and it has proved to be quite reliable in service.

I have used Sony for a few years now, including the CDX-F50M and the MEX-1GP. I have a 905IP heading my way...

Install it correctly and you should have very little trouble with it. Be careful to install the drip shield, if provided...

For all wires, a little j-loop with a low spot will prevent water from seeping in on or in the cabling at the back. Put another way, if the wiring for the radio comes in higher than the radio, route the wire so that there is a spot in the wire lower than the radio; this low spot will prevent water from running uphill on the wire and into the radio.
        Last edited by philwsailz; 02-17-2008, 10:21 PM.
        It's not an optical illusion.
        It just looks like one.....

Comment

Originally posted by philwsailz View Post

For all wires, a little j-loop with a low spot will prevent water from seeping in on or in the cabling at the back. Put another way, if the wiring for the radio comes in higher than the radio, route the wire so that there is a spot in the wire lower than the radio; this low spot will prevent water from running uphill on the wire and into the radio.
          Great tip Phil!

Nice to see you here on a weekend.
          http://www.linkedin.com/in/zachgarcia
          http://www.facebook.com/people/Zach-Garcia/1327360382

Comment

Thanks for the clarification Phil let us know how it works when you get her...
            Work Hard, Play Harder

Comment

Working...
            X