No announcement yet.

Powering my ENTIRE system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

only thing is I be that eq is not going to be cheap and I already have to buy a good bit of wire

*edit* Another question.... I currently have two subs in a box under the glove box. Only problem is you cant hear them as well with the compartment closed. Is there any other place to mount them so that they are out of the way? or is there anyway to put in a vent in the compartment to let the sound out
    Last edited by CP3; 02-03-2008, 01:25 AM.
    Everything happens for a reason
    I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

BUMP

so any more help?

Comment

Vent the subs. There is a way.... You need to use a very large hole, with any tubing involved to be as short as possible to prevent accidental bandpass tuning.

I think that is the shortest response to this question I have written for this site!
        It's not an optical illusion.
        It just looks like one.....

Comment

If you use a length of tubing, like flexible plastic duct for example, you will introduce some bandpass tuning, but if you are lucky it might be beneficial. Trick is, there is no good easy math to do this, so trial and error by adjusting length is the best way.

Comment

are you saying vent the box or the compartment with a tube? how big?

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
              are you saying vent the box or the compartment with a tube? how big?
              Not really.

I am saying to do it without a tube if you can, with as large a hole as you can, to prevent creating another tuned cavity.

If you do it with a tube, use as large a diameter tube as possible, and play with the length. There will probably be a length that works very poorly, but the math is very complex, and there are too many variables to know what length is really bad, and if there even is a really good length.

Regardless, if you are doing the venting with a tube, you are almost certainly creating another resonant enclosure, and the woofer is in a resonant enclosure, so you will have a resonant enclosure within a resonant enclosure, so it will take a little trial and error to get it right.

Comment

I need to vent the compartment the box is in. Under the glove box. where could I put a vent? or do I need to move the subs out?

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
                  I need to vent the compartment the box is in. Under the glove box. where could I put a vent? or do I need to move the subs out?
                  large vent hole in the walk-thru to the bowrider area makes sense... 8" hole with an 8" woofer grill in front of it? Black window screen mesh or metal mesh behind the grill to improve the cosmetics...

Comment

Working...
                  X