IPOD/MP3 Attachment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IPOD/MP3 Attachment?

I know this has been posted on here before, but what type of cable or attachment do I need to hook up an IPOD/MP3 player to my factory clarion deck? Thanks!

We went the cheap/easy route and used the earphone on one end/RCA's on the other and plugged them into the Aux RCA's on the back of the head unit.

If you want to spend the money, get the Clarion CNet Ipod interface.

Hit that "search" tab and you will find prob 1/2 dozen threads on this.

Oh, forgot to ask, What head unit do you have CDM4 or 5
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

let us know the deck. IMO the cnet isn't worth it.
      Originally posted by G-MONEY
      It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

To be honest with you I dont like that factory Clarion deck stereo I would just get another one that has an Ipod ready connect its much better quality sound.

Comment

I've got the CDM5.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            We went the cheap/easy route and used the earphone on one end/RCA's on the other and plugged them into the Aux RCA's on the back of the head unit.

Ditto.

This year I'm going to try the line out port with the PocketDock, ordered from SendStation http://www.sendstation.com

Should be able to use the same cable set.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by MRMoffat1; 01-05-2008, 07:30 PM.

Comment

how do you get to the back of the head unit? like were do you plug in the RCA thing? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bigContheTIGE View Post
                how do you get to the back of the head unit? like were do you plug in the RCA thing? thanks
                What boat do you have, what head unit do you have, where in the boat is the headunit located.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I'm thinking chpthril has the same setup. '06 22Ve with CMD4 HU mounted in glove box. See picture below.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I did the RCA cable to the back of my CMD4A and it sounds every bit as good as the CD player. Not sure what you mean when you say it doesn't sound good.

I drilled a hole over my glove box and ran a high quality cable through it. Then I ordered gel coat in a green color to match my boat. I filled 1/2 a Dixie cup w/ gel coat and fine filler and let it cure for a couple days. Then, I drilled a hole straight through it just barely large enough to push the cable through. I put a 6" bolt through the hole and tightened it down snugly. I stuck the other end in a drill on high speed and clamped it in a vice. As it spun, I hit it with a steel file and sand paper until I had a beautiful, highly polished, perfectly matched, factory looking grommet that holds my cable nice and snug. When I use my Ipod I pull the cable out-when I disconnect it, gravity pulls the extra cable back into the storage hatch. Too dam cold out to go take a pic now, but maybe this weekend if it warms up.
                    Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason B View Post
                      I did the RCA cable to the back of my CMD4A and it sounds every bit as good as the CD player. . .
                      Agree.

I ran an RCA extension wire over to the dashboard (by way of under the floor). See picture. Then I ran a belkin adapter cable to the Ipod which can be placed anywhere nearby the driver.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by MRMoffat1; 01-26-2008, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X