Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uh... suggestion...

That much bass boost is not good...

Bass boost when used "more than a little" is just a power sponge, and can be bad for speakers.

Consider raising the crossover points for all amplifier sections, like to 10:00 or so speaking in clock-face terms. Then turn the bass boost back to say a 12:00 o-clock position.

See what you think that way...

I am not personally a fan of gross amounts of equalization, an d in effect that is what the bass boost is. If you need that much, at the control, there is a chance it is pointing to some other potential problem with the stereo that needs a little more tweaking...
    It's not an optical illusion.
    It just looks like one.....

Comment

Thanks, I'll give that a try tonight before I take the boat back to storage.

Now 10:00 you say for the crossovers, I have a digital watch so where would that be on that
      Honey I'm home!

Comment

So someone left the switch on when they covered up the boat on Saturday... Not sure who it was ok it was me. Needless to say battery was at 8% when I went out there. Amps wouldn't even come on. So charger it is
        Honey I'm home!

Comment

Originally posted by philwsailz View Post
          uh... suggestion...

That much bass boost is not good...

Bass boost when used "more than a little" is just a power sponge, and can be bad for speakers.

Consider raising the crossover points for all amplifier sections, like to 10:00 or so speaking in clock-face terms. Then turn the bass boost back to say a 12:00 o-clock position.

See what you think that way...

I am not personally a fan of gross amounts of equalization, an d in effect that is what the bass boost is. If you need that much, at the control, there is a chance it is pointing to some other potential problem with the stereo that needs a little more tweaking...
          I played around with your suggestions and it does sound pretty good now!!!

I need to take it out and crank it for a bit to make sure I have the gains set right, but for the short duration I had it cranked up I didn't notice any distortion.
          Honey I'm home!

Comment

Working...
          X