No announcement yet.

Hey Phil! Kicker sub enclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

. . . and an acrylic? or plastic? cover over the gain/xover/boost controls portion of the ZX650.4 amp. The controls kept getting messed up by people throwing bags/towels in, and grabbing them back out of the dry area storate under the glove box. I'm hoping I don't have to adjust the amp controls any more with this. Take top screw out, and the cover will flex forward with a slight push, allowing adjustments if necessary.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MRMoffat1; 09-24-2007, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Looks good
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Nice!
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by MRMoffat1 View Post
          . . . and an acrylic? or plastic? cover over the gain/xover/boost controls portion of the ZX650.4 amp. The controls kept getting messed up by people throwing bags/towels in, and grabbing them back out of the dry area storate under the glove box. I'm hoping I don't have to adjust the amp controls any more with this. Take top screw out, and the cover will flex forward with a slight push, allowing adjustments if necessary.
          Good call on the control cover. You would ba amazed how many times those need re-set after a day on the water. Bumped accidentally, or "tweaked" by a supposed knowledgable, (AKA id-10-t) person to improve sound performance.

Way to go. You woofer install is totally clean. I approve!!!!!
          It's not an optical illusion.
          It just looks like one.....

Comment

Originally posted by philwsailz View Post

Way to go. You woofer install is totally clean. I approve!!!!!
            Thanks Phil. My perception "maybe", but I actually had to turn down the amp gain setting, and adjust the bass boost down after going from free space to sub enclosure. It pounds now.

The enclosure is actually "cantilevered" off the wall so is not touching the floor. Probably easier for the installer, plus his explaination: if water gets in the dry area, you don't have to worry. My only worry is: can it take the pounding going thru big lake rollers. I've stuffed a rag under there for now for support . . . .

Only one bummer: boat goes in for winterize this weekend. Next planned trip: Memorial Day.
            Last edited by MRMoffat1; 09-25-2007, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MRMoffat1 View Post
              Thanks Phil. My perception "maybe", but I actually had to turn down the amp gain setting, and adjust the bass boost down after going from free space to sub enclosure. It pounds now.

The enclosure is actually "cantilevered" off the wall so is not touching the floor. Probably easier for the installer, plus his explaination: if water gets in the dry area, you don't have to worry. My only worry is: can it take the pounding going thru big lake rollers. I've stuffed a rag under there for now for support . . . .

Only one bummer: boat goes in for winterize this weekend. Next planned trip: Memorial Day.
              The move from a free-air install to an enclosure SHOULD result in the settings changes you describe. Your intuition is entirely correct, and your perception valid, sir.

Rock on....
              It's not an optical illusion.
              It just looks like one.....

Comment

Working...
              X