Wet Sounds? (What Happened To KICKER?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wet Sounds? (What Happened To KICKER?)

What is the deal with wet sounds? Never heard of them. Went to their web site Wow $$$$$ very expensive, they don't look that great. Why did tige sign with them. What happened to kicker?

Why didn't tige sign with Rockford Fosgate would have been better I think

all iknow is we got a 08 24ve with the wetsounds sys.. by far the best sound ive heard from a boat the tower speakers are awsome they are clear/loud at 75ft/plus and not making you deaf in the boat its great.they look badazz as well. i think its going to be one of the best things tige has done IMO.

Comment

Hey KKO, what amp do they have driving the tower speakers? I just had Pro 60's installed and a Kicker 200.2 amp and I feel like I need a little more power.

Comment

ill have to check for you.

Comment

I am getting (2) 6.5's and (2) 8's both Wet sounds, on my new tower. I have a 98' 2100. They are going to be mounted on my new X-Plosion tower.

This is in addition to (2) 6x9 MB quartz marine, (4) 6.5 MB Quartz marine speakers, and a 10" sub underneath the driver controls. My boat should bump pretty good. Too bad it took me this long to get it out this season.

Comment

Rockford isn't a top of the line brand anymore. They kind of sold out when they began mass producing for sale at "Worst Buy" and went public (shareholder owned). You will rarely see many audiophiles running the Punch series items. If you stick to Rockford's power and marine lines, they are pretty good buys. The power line is awesome.

Kicker has always remained true to its roots. They still make top of the line product and also good entry level.

Wetsounds is so expensive because of the housings, and the use of the HLCD drivers. Those took alot of R&D to get right, so you are paying for that. The HLCD is not a new technology by far, but the ones that are being used in the WetSounds setups are probably around $150 each, even purchased in bulk. You can buy similar components (HLCDs, Horns, and mids/subs) through http://www.partsexpress.com/ and build your own. I priced out what I want to do and it was in the ballpark of about $400 for 4 drivers and 2 HLCDs w/X-overs and the horns I wanted. I would still need to build enclosures. When I get ready, I will be changing alot from the way the WetSounds project the horns. I think they hit to spread of a focus on the sound waves. A thinner, narrower projection path seems like it would be better.
            http://www.wakeboatworld.com
            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Working...
            X