Rating help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
    dont the tower speakers come with cross overs in them?
    If they have tweeters like the kickers you have now, but dont know about the W/S
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

yea idk about wet sounds either. why dont you open up those wetsound you have with you?
      Everything happens for a reason
      I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

dont the tower speakers come with cross overs in them?
        Those separate the tweeter info from the mid info.

I am talking about preventing any bass info...
        It's not an optical illusion.
        It just looks like one.....

Comment

Here are specs for the amp.

BL1600

Max power, 2 ohm
          400w x 4

RMS power, 4 ohm
          180w x 4

Bridged power
          800w x 2

Max power, 1 ohm
          n/a

Signal-to-noise ratio
          >105 dB

THD
          0.01%

Dimensions, LxWxH
          12 3/8” x 11 5/16” x 2 3/8”

We are going to have fun running 4 pairs through your tower, CP3 Gonna need about 100ft of wire!
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Good match IMO.
            http://www.wakeboatworld.com
            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post

We are going to have fun running 4 pairs through your tower, CP3 Gonna need about 100ft of wire!
              I know I got to go buy it. I figure run 3 wire thru each side

Comment

chp and I were trying to figure out how to rewire my amps.

I have 2 1600 W amps right now that each have 2 30 amp fuses, and an 800 watt amp that has 2 30 amp fuses.

curently they are wired with a 4 gauge wire running to the 1st 1600 then 8 split off of that amp to the second 1600. then I have a seperate 8 gauge wire running to the 800.

We are going to add a new amp 1600 W amp to the mix for a total of 3 1600W and an 800W. what is the best way to wire the power wires for these things, with what gauge?

Comment

chp and I were trying to figure out how to rewire my amps.

I have 2 1600 W amps right now that each have 2 30 amp fuses, and an 800 watt amp that has 2 30 amp fuses.

curently they are wired with a 4 gauge wire running to the 1st 1600 then 8 split off of that amp to the second 1600. then I have a seperate 8 gauge wire running to the 800.

We are going to add a new amp 1600 W amp to the mix for a total of 3 1600W and an 800W. what is the best way to wire the power wires for these things, with what gauge?
                  Here is what we are looking @:

(1) 800w @ 60amps
                  (3) 1600w @ 60amps ea. = 108a's total

I would say run 2 0ga from the batts to a dist. block in the console, then from the dist block to the amps w/ 4ga

so you would need:

apx 40' red 0ga
                  apx 40' blk 0ga
                  4 dist blocks
                  2 fuse holders/circut bkr
                  apx 6' red 4ga
                  apx 6' blk 4ga

You have 1 fuse/bkr already and plenty of 4ga (already installed) did I miss anything

Comment

wheres a good place for distribution blocks? If you know of some that will work could you buy them and Ill pay you when I get there for them cuz this is such a small town. Im going to see about fuses and wire right now at napa

Comment

wheres a good place for distribution blocks? If you know of some that will work could you buy them and Ill pay you when I get there for them cuz this is such a small town. Im going to see about fuses and wire right now at napa
                      BestBuy or Circuit City should have Blocks. I would go with Circuit bkrs over fuses. what do you have on the one power feed now, if you know.

Comment

I have a big kicker fuse on the 4 gauge and like a 30 on the 8 gauge

Comment

I have a big kicker fuse on the 4 gauge and like a 30 on the 8 gauge
                          See if you can tell what the kicker is rated at, should be a little more than the load i.e. 2 1600w amps at 120amps

Comment

CP3,

The best I have found so far: from NAPA

1ga 25' roll = $112 x 4 = $448 (2 red, 2 blk)
                            4ga 25' roll = $63.00 x 6 = $378 (4 red, 4 blk but you have 1 of ea already)

No dist blocks if you go with 1 4ga per Amp

I could probably get this wholesale from NAPA through HQ, but this would take till next week because their local store would have to order it.

Still checking other options.
                            Last edited by chpthril; 08-31-2007, 08:18 PM.

Comment

I think we figured out what we are doing for tommorow but I think it might be cheaper if we go 0 gauge to a big dis block then to 4 gauge for the 3 1600 W and leave the 800 on its own wire which it already has. that way I dont have to buy 4 gauge

Comment

Working...
                              X