Getting the Most

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting the Most

Looking for some insight, want to make sure my thinking is right.

Getting ready to install a complete system in an 07 20V which consist of 2 Pro 60's on the tower powered by a Kicker ZX350.4 and I want to make sure I get the most out of the whole package.

I'm thinking I would wire the speakers bridged to amp1 and amp2? Based on the amp and speaker specs, This would be the best.

Rest of the system is easy. It consist of 6 W/S xs650's, W/S xs10fa, Kicker ZX700.5 w/base remote, Clarion HU, driver's remote, Sirius, Ipod remote.

Amp: Kicker ZX350.4
    Specs: Power (watts/channel) 2 Ohm stereo = 90x4
    Power (watts/channel) 4 Ohm Bridged Mono = 175x2

Speakers: Wet Sounds Pro 60's
    Specs: RMS Watts: 150
    Peak Watts: 300
    Impedance: 4 ohms
    Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20KHZ
    Sensitivity: 90 db at 1watt/1 meter

Ps; These are the same components that come in a factory install, so upgrading is not an option as the deal is inked. Just want to make sure I get the most out of what I got for the customer.

Thanks guys, your knowledge/opinions are always appreciated
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

The towers could actually get more power, as the output power you publish below is at two ohms. The power into 4 ohms for that amp bridged will be roughly 100 - 120 watts per speaker...

But...

It sounds like you get to use what is there... So... the way you are wiring the 350.4 is correct, if:

Make sure the Pro 60's are at a real 4-ohms, not 3 or 3.2 or something like that. DCR on a voltmeter should be right at 4, or maybe a little more. If not, we need to visit further...
    It's not an optical illusion.
    It just looks like one.....

Comment

Originally posted by philwsailz View Post
      The towers could actually get more power, as the output power you publish below is at two ohms. The power into 4 ohms for that amp bridged will be roughly 100 - 120 watts per speaker...

But...

It sounds like you get to use what is there... So... the way you are wiring the 350.4 is correct, if:

Make sure the Pro 60's are at a real 4-ohms, not 3 or 3.2 or something like that. DCR on a voltmeter should be right at 4, or maybe a little more. If not, we need to visit further...
      I'm sure the Pro 60's could handle more, but you agree that bridged is the best way to get the most out of the 350.4 (providing the 60's are truely 4Ohm)

Thanks
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        I'm sure the Pro 60's could handle more, but you agree that bridged is the best way to get the most out of the 350.4 (providing the 60's are truely 4Ohm)

Thanks
        Yup!!!

Get 'er done!
        It's not an optical illusion.
        It just looks like one.....

Comment

I think the pro 60s are 350 peak. thats what the web site says
          Everything happens for a reason
          I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Originally posted by CP3 View Post
            I think the pro 60s are 350 peak. thats what the web site says

Copied and pasted off their site so I dont know for sure..............maybe i'll just open up one of these sitting in my storage building and see

You may be right, but I only care about matching the RMS of the speaker and amp output.

Comment

whose boat is this going on?

Comment

whose boat is this going on?
                One that HQ sold last month. Looks like I'm the new stereo guy for them.

Customer wanted a system in the deal so Debbie ordered basicly a Tower of Power. Everything but a transom remote.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                  One that HQ sold last month. Looks like I'm the new stereo guy for them.

Customer wanted a system in the deal so Debbie ordered basicly a Tower of Power. Everything but a transom remote.
                  tell them they are going to want a transom remote
                  so are you getting paid???

Comment

tell them they are going to want a transom remote
                    so are you getting paid???

I am going to suggest a transom remote and recommend he upgrade to a duel battery also.

Yes, I will be a subcontractor

They have had 3-4 dudes that thought they knew about stereo stuff but could not do a clean, professional, quality install to save thier @$$

Comment

Working...
                    X