Tower speaker - how to run the wire?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower speaker - how to run the wire?

Looks like we might be picking up a pair or two of tower speakers finally now that the wife wants them I was looking at the tower mounts inside the boat and I don't see where you run the speaker wires up through the tower. Do I just drill a hole in the thick metal plate that the tower is bolted to and run the wire through there? I don't even see the wire that runs up the tower for the Navigation light, anyone know where that is run at from inside the boat?

Here is a link to a post where I re-wired my "E" tower. The pic shows the port side rear leg. I suppose that your RZ has a "Z" tower but I bet that they are very close.

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...39&postcount=2

The wires are run through the tubing. If you fold down the tower, you will see holes for the wires to pass from the upper section of the tower to the lower section of the tower, through the hinge. The hard part is drilling that hole through the gunwale. I was able to push the tower leg off to the side enough to drill without removing the tower.

After you have all the holes drilled, use a shop-vac to suck some contractors string from the top hole (where the speakers will go) down to the hinge, then down to the tower foot, and then drop it through the gunwale. Now tape the string to your wires and carefully pull the wire up through the tower in stages and not all the way at once.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Cool! Thanks for the post! I have the E series tower on my boat, not the Z

Comment

Working...
      X