Charging A Multiple Battery Bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging A Multiple Battery Bank

I have two batteries run in parallel for a 12V output and I have just purchased a 6 amp single bank onboard guest battery charger for the bank. I have two gel celled blue top optima's in this bank and plan to charge both of them at the same time (since they are connected together) through connecting the charger to one of the battery's terminal sets. My question is will charging my batteries together like this ruin the batteries or will it just take the charger twice as long to accomplish the same job. Also, will it ruin the charger by giving it a higher load? Thanks!

Originally posted by Chill0987 View Post
    I have two batteries run in parallel for a 12V output and I have just purchased a 6 amp single bank onboard guest battery charger for the bank. I have two gel celled blue top optima's in this bank and plan to charge both of them at the same time (since they are connected together) through connecting the charger to one of the battery's terminal sets. My question is will charging my batteries together like this ruin the batteries or will it just take the charger twice as long to accomplish the same job. Also, will it ruin the charger by giving it a higher load? Thanks!
    Dont see an issue with charging 2 batteries in parallel, alternators do it all the time.

Yes, at 6amp, it will take longer to recharge 2 than 1 but probably not twice as long.

Does the on-board charger have a switch for gel and wet cell?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

BTW, you can get a charger that does both batteries. I have a 12 amp that's awesome.
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
      X