Removing Windshield to Drill Holes in Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing Windshield to Drill Holes in Dash

I am trying to add 2 more in-boat speakers to my system and have located spots on the dash where I would like to run them. My question is, how can I easily remove the windsheild to get better access to my dash for drilling with a hole saw? I have a 2002 tige 22i type R.
    (currently running 6 premium MB Quart comp sets on tower and 4 premium MB Quart comp sets in boat, looking to make it 6 in boat)

there is no way to remove the windshield easiily IT's a PITA all the way around
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

What he said.
      http://www.wakeboatworld.com
      []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

i have the same boat ... it sucks getting it off.

Comment

the easiest way IMO and maybe sp will chime in here would be to make the hole smaller, drill from the bottom out, and then use a dremal to smooth the top side up and keep the fiber from cracking.

Comment

I would try to just go from the bottom, then camfer the hole on the top side once I got through. The speaker basket will cover the camfer mark (if you leave any) and you will not have to pull out the glass. Go in reverse through the entire hole so the teeth will not chip the gel, and get a hole saw that is made for sheet metal so it has a finer comb.

If you do pull the glass, go ahead and carry it to get tinted.
            http://www.wakeboatworld.com
            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

i can't decide if I want to tint or not, on a side note.

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
                i can't decide if I want to tint or not, on a side note.
                It's a waste of time and reduces your visibility. It would only make sense if your cockpit were enclosed and you had air conditioning.
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                  you had air conditioning.

So when is Tige going to make that an option? I am sure Coach and XP would be loving life after that option.

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                    It's a waste of time and reduces your visibility. It would only make sense if your cockpit were enclosed and you had air conditioning.
                    yeah, i felt the same, it's purely cosmetic

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                    So when is Tige going to make that an option? I am sure Coach and XP would be loving life after that option.
                    i'd take it too!

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
                      I want that

I say get the tint I did it and it helps protect the dash and the glove box where we keep all the cell phones and ipods. It's a noticeable difference in heat plus it looks cool.
                      I haven't noticed a reduction in visibility. I think it helps visibility because it gets rid of the nasty reflection you can get sometimes.
                      Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

at night it will kill your vision, but then again I stand up at night.

Is it hard to clean the waterspots off? currently I use a amonia based window cleaner, so would have to switch off that. What do you use for your windows? I'll probably get it this fall or whenever I get my stereo done

Comment

I have been going back and forth about this too. I think it looks pretty sweet on nuck'n'futs rz4.. and a few boats at my local lake have done it.. I'm still debating though...
                          If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Vinegar water....... 90% of the water spots are on the outside of th glass anyways.. use what ever you want
                            Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity. Albert Einstein

Comment

Its hard to find a place that will do it. They don't like the curved glass. The first gut I went wanted $1000, the second guy said he can't do it. So I called the local tige dealer and they hooked me up with Mikes tint shop who did it for $350.

Comment

Working...
                              X