Alpine HU Problem!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alpine HU Problem!!!

Ok this last weekend my Alpine HU started to shut it self down and then would start back up. I thought it might be a heat problem but it really wasn't that warm. I had been playing the system pretty hard that day but not that much more than normal. I ended up reseting the HU to see if that might help and did a reset on my I-pod as well. Even when we were moving and the HU was getting some air flow it would turn on then shut down right away and kept doing this over and over. It just would not stay on. I am going to make some calls tomorrow but I didn't want to drive my boat home 250 miles to get the HU fixed so I am going to need to find a Alpine dealer in Havasu. Any ideas would be great.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

Low battery voltage???
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
      Low battery voltage???
      No I was still at 13.6 when it started and even while running it kept doing it. That was the first thing I checked. While running I was at 14.4
      Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
      Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Coach View Post
        No I was still at 13.6 when it started and even while running it kept doing it. That was the first thing I checked. While running I was at 14.4

Yeah, I was thinking your stereo batteries were stand alone, but reading back through your install thread I see that you have them on the Alt and a battery tender.

Is the H/U shutting off? (loose power/ ground) or is the output stopping but display still light up? (Bad head unit) Amps shutting down do to loss of remote turn on? You've probably checked all this, but that's all I can think of right now.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The HU is shutting off I didn't think about a loose power or ground until I got home today. When my amps have gone into protect mode the amps that are still working will play the music and then when the other amps cool off it pick back up. I noticed that there is a ton of wiring behind my HU which might be blocking the fan for the HU but I really don't think that is the problem. My guess is the HU is shorting out or the computer parse has gone bad with the HU.
          Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
          X