Tower Headache...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower Headache...

Guys Ive got a dileman on my hands. As you guys know by my info I Currently own a Tige 24V and its got an Xtreme Tower on it(see Pic1). Id like to know more info on the tower from anyone else that might have this type of tower on their boat. I wanted to add more tower speakers on it this past month. Unfortunatly my Tige Service people said two more T fusion 6.5 speakers (Pic 2)would be the max I could put on it. Thats not what I wanted in the first place so I decided not to get them as I wanted 4 not 2. They recommended I only put two as it would be too much strain on the tower base where it attaches to the boat as it can get damaged if it is weighed down too much. This is the first time Ive ever heard of this. Ive noticed alot of people have a diff setups with more than 6 speakers and most of those towers arent made outta the material as my X-Treme Tower. So its kinda confusing to hear that from them. I mean I totally understand what they are saying and all but...all I tow or have on that tower is a wakeboarder and a pair of three way T-Fusion Speakers. Its just frustrating to see I might have to go outside my dealer to get the setup I want. But what can you guys suggest me. I dont know if this is indeed true, if it is then Ill stick with only two more 6.5 T-Fusion speakers. Guess maybe the engineering on the X-Treme tower SUCKS ill have to look for another tower thatll hold MORE speakers. If thats worst case scenario. Please suggest something guys Im kinda frustrated about this. Oh and one more thing these four 6.5 T-Fusions I wanna put if moved around they WOULD fit. Maybe the problem is IM TOO MUCH OF A "I WANT MORE" KINDA GUY?...... NO WAY NEVAH!... I own a TIGE man I gotta make it look.... CCCCHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Juiceman831; 12-15-2007, 07:59 PM.

After reading your post I am having a hard time believing putting another 4 fusions would be that much more weight. (2 like yours are only 40 lbs and the 2 singles are only 20 lbs). Explosion is a dealer for Wetsounds and I know Moki has your tower with 2 485's and that has to be close to 100 lbs of speakers. I am sure they will say you can put that weight up there but Tige might not cover any cracks or fiberglass damage due to excessive weight on the tower. But I don't know how a bunch of speaker is much different than towing a couple of boarders at the same time. I am sure it some type of warranty issue.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

Comment

Coach is right, I have the Xplosion tower with two Wet Sounds Pro 485s and a tower light bar, then I load up my wake board racks with 3 or 4 boards. Xplosion put them on for me and they were not worried. I have not had any problems and I have been in some pretty bad waves with this setup. The tower is an excellent tower and is well engineered. Their argument is a bunch of crap, another tower is going to be mounted on the boat in a similar manner. My tower is as solid as rock. I think that somebody just wants to get paid some commission on the Fusion speakers...
      Last edited by Moki; 07-06-2007, 04:06 AM.

Comment

That would be akin to them telling you that you couldn't let your fat friends wakeboard.

Sounds like they do not want to be responsible for gel spidering around the mounts.
        http://www.wakeboatworld.com
        []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
          That would be akin to them telling you that you couldn't let your fat friends wakeboard.
          But they do make great ballasts........

Comment

I guarantee that I would put more torque on your tower than your speakers. You will probably need another amp and some more wiring for those speakers.
            Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Well Im not sure what it is but like I said after really trying hard to convince me to just go for one pair of 6.5 I thought..maybe I shouldnt do it. Yeah Coach your right the guys did mention something about the cracking and all but what would something like that run me to fix about 800 bucks of fiberglass work, etc,etc... I would pay it believe me. But I will say this about my local dealer... theyve looked out for me since the day I bought the boat. Their service department as far as fixing any little thing that might be wrong with my boat theyve DONE so I cant complain. Just dissapointed they didnt wanna do it. Maybe ill give them another shot....Maybe...
              By me saying all this about the dealer doesnt mean I WOULDNT GO BACK to my TIGE dealer... I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiceman831 View Post
                Well Im not sure what it is but like I said after really trying hard to convince me to just go for one pair of 6.5 I thought..maybe I shouldnt do it. Yeah Coach your right the guys did mention something about the cracking and all but what would something like that run me to fix about 800 bucks of fiberglass work, etc,etc... I would pay it believe me. But I will say this about my local dealer... theyve looked out for me since the day I bought the boat. Their service department as far as fixing any little thing that might be wrong with my boat theyve DONE so I cant complain. Just dissapointed they didnt wanna do it. Maybe ill give them another shot....Maybe...
                By me saying all this about the dealer doesnt mean I WOULDNT GO BACK to my TIGE dealer... I would.

Trust me I would go see Big John is a heart beat! The guy is the man and so is the service department. I have nothing but great things to say about the work they have done for me and the quality of service I have received. If Tige is going with Wetsounds next year they will weight more than the Fusions I know TWS likes to sell Xplosion and Fusion (I have neither) but the Wetsounds will add major weight to tower, I think the Xplosion and fusion will work just fine. I am with you, I bring my boat 250 miles back to have big John and his crew do all of my service. They are top notch and I appreciate every thing they do!
                Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
                Winston Churchill

Comment

I think I will go back to them. Like I said they are cool people.

Comment

There are other factors involved, other than weight.

A wakeboarder will put different types of loading on a tower than the weight of speakers do. The cyclical loading that a wakeboarder puts on a tower is completely different from the cyclical loading of vibrations...which can be very harmful to any welded part. I'm not saying it will or won't hold up, but do remember that towers are like any other product on the market...they're rarely made as best as they can be. If all manufacturers only considered quality, we'd have highways lasting 40 years, lightbulbs that never had to be changed, and cars that ran for 500,000 miles, and titanium wakeboard towers. Manufacturers have to consider not just what the customer wants, but what they will actually pay for.

Most likely, the dealer doesn't want to be held responsible for any damage that more weight COULD cause. You can't blame them for that really. If you really like the dealer, and are confident that the tower will hold up, I'd just tell them that you are willing to assume the responsibility for it in the event of a failure. However, if it does fail, you shouldn't expect any warranty to cover it.

Comment

Working...
                    X