Remote Control For XMD4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Control For XMD4

I have a 22VE that I'm wanting to install a rear remote control. I have a Clarion XMD4 stereo w/a factory remote installed in the driver's dashboard. Has anyone done this? Is it a big deal?

The rear remote is a factory option so I would say it would be an easy DIY install. I have one and love it
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I know that the wires are already strung to the rear on my boat. I wonder if it is already wired for you also. The only issue I can see is that you might have to drill a hole in the gelcoat/fiberglass. If that is the case, at least it is above the waterline.

Comment

Yeah, I'm a little nervous about drilling a hole in 56K boat. Hopefully the wires are there and I can tie it in right there.

Comment

My wires were port side aft of the boat. My battery is also located there but you can take a flashlight to the area and snoop around. Do you have an 07 or 06 model? Post some pic's of your boat for everyone to admire. We all like to see other members boats and see what they have done.

As for making a hole, I took the drill bit and had the bit drill the hole backwards to start off with. Once I was past the gelcoat, I changed the direction of it. Just make sure where you are cutting that the other side doesn't have any wires. I have my battery cables running along the back.

Anyway, welcome to the site and take advantage of all the tips that the members have posted on there.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I'll post some pics later.

Comment

tell us how your drilling goes. Im going to have to drill soon and Im very nervous
              Everything happens for a reason
              I live my post whore life 30 seconds at a time

Comment

Working...
              X