engine noise in my speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

engine noise in my speakers

i cant seem to get this whinning noise out of my speakers when the boat is running. the more gas you give it the louder it gets. the radoi isnt that bad but the xm is horrible. could it be from the rca cables running on the ground in the hull.?????? please some one cause this noise is driving me crazy.

Do you get it when you use the TAPS or Blower?
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

with the blower for sure. even if the boat isnt running. but realy bad with the throttle when it is running.

Comment

I had a similar problem, every time I turned on the blower or TAPS I wouldd get feedback through the stereo, Im not sure about the engine noise.

What I did to fix it was, run a wire from the ground on your amp to the back of the headunit. This worked for us, your case is a little different but I think it should work.

Comment

there are three amps.. one for the actual boat speakers one for the tower speakers and one for the sub. should i run one from both of the componet amps

thanks for your speedy replies. this website is awsome.. thanks again

Comment

Start with one, and see if that fixes it so you dont spend all of your time running a couple wires to find out its not the right fix. I just ran them from the ground on the amp to the mounting screw on the back of the headunit. Make sure its good and tight.

No problem

Comment

last Q? do you think that it could be picking up that noise from the hull through the rcas running from the head unit to my xm display on the dash. i have a 22i and i just ran it through the step into the bow. in the kick pannel and up into the dash.

Comment

Get a noise filter. You can find them at any car audio place. Pretty simple fix.
                Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Totally common problem.

It is funny; you will find two schools of thought here; and ironically the two schools of thought do overlap.

One thing we agree on is that "chassis" or what is supposed to be zero-volt ground is a common culprit.

I will tell you if it is worse with the blower or the TAPS, it is due to "dirty" power geting to your radio head unit. Switches and blower motors cause a "dip - spike" situation on the 12-volt power wiring, and it shows up at the radio, and is then amplified in the system.

The recommendation of taking a ground wire from the radio to the amplifier's ground takes advantage of the massive power supply filter capacitors that live just inside of the amplifier.

Wait.....

We could write a book on this one, but the topic has been covered before. Check out this thread:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4442

Let us know what you learn, and what additional questions you might have after reading this thread, as long as you don;t comne back and ask for popcorn or chicken....
                  It's not an optical illusion.
                  It just looks like one.....

Comment

What size ground wire are you supposed to run from the amp to the head unit?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff T View Post
                      What size ground wire are you supposed to run from the amp to the head unit?
                      #10 AWG will work
                      It's not an optical illusion.
                      It just looks like one.....

Comment

or another problem could be a brushed motor, ie your blower. Get a brushless blower as well and that could help.
                        Originally posted by G-MONEY
                        It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X