No announcement yet.

Kicker amp and speaker questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That honestly looks about correct. What is the RCA cable connected to? Front? Rear? is it "Y-d" off of somethig else?

Oh, are the crossover switches set to "HI" ???? They should be...
    It's not an optical illusion.
    It just looks like one.....

Comment

The crossover switches are on hi on the KZ700 and off on the KZ200.2. the RCA are connected via the purple wire. Does that make sense??

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmer322 View Post
        The crossover switches are on hi on the KZ700 and off on the KZ200.2. the RCA are connected via the purple wire. Does that make sense??
        The crossover switches should be switched to HI on the ZX200.2...

That will not increase volume appreciably, but we do not need to be trying to reproduce sounds below 100 Hz for the tower speakers. That is about where the knobs are set; the switches just need turned on...

The only purple wire I see appears to be connected to the amp turn on lug on the ZX200.2
        Last edited by philwsailz; 06-11-2007, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by philwsailz View Post

The only purple wire I see appears to be connected to the amp turn on lug on the ZX200.2
          If he has a Clarion H/U, the purple RCA's are the "non-fade", that is probably what the zx200.2 is hooked to.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yes I have the clarion CMD4.

So does all look good after I turn the switches to HI?

Thanks again - all of you!!

Comment

Yes I have the clarion CMD4.

So does all look good after I turn the switches to HI?

Thanks again - all of you!!
              Seems reasonable...
              We still would suggest the good-ole-fashioned gain-setting routine; my ears are better than my eyes at getting the gain structure set for max output and quietest operation, so I do not want to go with pictures only and say absolutely yes. This ideally on both amps, all channels.

Still it is way more right than wrong, as shown in the pics....

Comment

Run the interior speakers off the head unit and tower speakers off the amp. This will make the tower speakers louder and the interior should be loud enough without amp.

Comment

Originally posted by wakemaster View Post
                  Run the interior speakers off the head unit and tower speakers off the amp. This will make the tower speakers louder and the interior should be loud enough without amp.
                  He has the ZX700.5 amplifier for the ockpit and bowrider speakers already; the ZX200.2 is a second added amplifier.

Comment

I got another amp for the tower speakers (got it cheap so I went for it, and got the money back for the ZX200.2) It is a kicker ZX350.2. After hooking it up I find that the tower speakers do not work with the crossover switch set at HI. You can feel them thumping but no sound. Any ideas what I messed up??

Comment

I got another amp for the tower speakers (got it cheap so I went for it, and got the money back for the ZX200.2) It is a kicker ZX350.2. After hooking it up I find that the tower speakers do not work with the crossover switch set at HI. You can feel them thumping but no sound. Any ideas what I messed up??
                      Double-check the switch setting. Your description is exactly what would happen with the crossover switch set to low-pass. That switch is a three-position switch.

Remember too, turning the crossover switch on is only part of the setup. Once you have the crossover on, you need to set the crossover frequency. This is done on the front of the amp, with the "x-over" knob. My opinion is to set the crossover point at 80 Hz, or higher.

Comment

Thanks Philwsailz - The switch was too close to actually see so I assumed the furthest right position was Hi but it was low. Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                        X