Head unit not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head unit not working.

Ill get straight to the point...All the buttons on the head unit dont work, except power, all buttons on the remotes change the function.

I read the manual and it says that its a micro processor malfunction, it told me to reset it, and i did, now the volume, seek, buttons work but nothing else, the remotes just change the function also.

What else can I do? Is the head unit bad? We didnt do anything to it to break it, It was working fine and then we take it out and it does this.

I forgot to add, Its a clarion XMD2
    Last edited by zad0030; 06-09-2007, 01:22 AM.
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

did you get anything in the unit? like liquids?
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

No, not that I know of. The manual says its a microprossor malfunction thats caused by noise etc., What else could cause it and its a stereo why would noise cause it to malfunction?

Comment

good question, but technolgy doesn't always make sense.

Comment

Still not working,....And what are these green things?
          Attached Files

Comment

Unplug the remotes and see what happens.

Comment

lee thanks you are a genius!!.

I thought I had unplugged them before but I think I unplugged the wrong one.

Well I have narrowed it down to the rear remote. I dont have time to unplug anything else, but do you think the problem is in the wire or in the remote?

Comment

The remote.

Comment

remote is toast.

Comment

ok ill check the remote out today.

Does anyone know if the new remotes are compatible with an older system?

Comment

Looks like a bad remote huh? Glad to here it wasn't too major
                      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                        Looks like a bad remote huh? Glad to here it wasn't too major
                        Yup pulled out the remote and now it works fine. The transom is 1 1/2" thick if anyone was wondering.

We were already looking for new headunits on ebay, kind of bummed now becuase the head units were easier to find then these remotes. lol

Comment

Originally posted by zad0030 View Post
                          Does anyone know if the new remotes are compatible with an older system?
                          Yes but not all of the function will work on the new remote.

Comment

new remotes willl only allow you to turn the volume up. I had to search all over to find remotes matching to the CMD3

Good luck, they were scarce last year.

Comment

Working...
                            X