Configuring the cabin speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Configuring the cabin speakers

I am fine tuning our new system and found that putting the Wetsounds threesom on the tower on the front channels and the cabin speakers on the rear channels works best. We can fade to the tower with about 10% in the cabin and there is plenty of music for all when the tower is approaching max volume. Before, the tower and the front cabin speakers were on the front channels and when we cranked up the tower, we cranked up the front of the boat also.
    My question is how to wire the 6 cabin speakers to the rear channels. My HU has 3 sets of pre amp outs (one set for the sub) and I am running 2 RF P8004 4 channel amps. The sub and the wetsounds are on one amp and the cabin speakers are on the other.
    How do you wire 6 cabin speakers together on a 4 channel amp? The cabin speakers are RF T162C 75w rms 4 ohm speakers.

why not use your HU for the front two speakers, and then use the amp for the other 4? it's what I'm going to do.

Otherwise if your going to use 6 speakers on 4 channels, you just have to twist the wires together. Or run the speakers at 2 ohm if they are a 4 ohm system, ie run the speakers and then split to the other two.
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

The problem is running 6 speakers on the rear channels. I suppose I could run the front 2 speakers to the HU rear output and the other 4 to the amp then to the pre amp outs for the rear channels.

Comment

yup, that's what I was referring too. sorry I didn't make that clearer.

Comment

Wiring 6 speakers all to a four channel amp is easy.

Find out if the amp is true 2-ohm stable per each channel. Then verify your speakers are 4-ohm, (they should be).

Assuming the above statements prove true, I will recommend wiring the bowrider speakers to the left and right channels of one half of the amp by themselves. Then take your cockpit/cabin speakers and wire them in parallel to the other half of the amp.

If the amp is NOT 2-ohm stable, you can wire the speakers in series, again, to the other half of the amp.

The graphical comparison between series and parallel wiring can be found in this thread:
          http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4344

***EDIT***

Oh, also depending on how the amplifier handles its inputs, you might want to employ some y-cables to get pre-amp signal, (RCA's) connected to both halves of the amplifier.
          It's not an optical illusion.
          It just looks like one.....

Comment

yeah, that's way I have done it too, but couldn't speak it out

Comment

Buy another 2 channel amp.
              http://www.wakeboatworld.com
              []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
                Buy another 2 channel amp.
                That works too...
                It's not an optical illusion.
                It just looks like one.....

Comment

someone always has to state the obvious

Comment

Originally posted by philwsailz View Post
                    Wiring 6 speakers all to a four channel amp is easy.

Find out if the amp is true 2-ohm stable per each channel. Then verify your speakers are 4-ohm, (they should be).

Assuming the above statements prove true, I will recommend wiring the bowrider speakers to the left and right channels of one half of the amp by themselves. Then take your cockpit/cabin speakers and wire them in parallel to the other half of the amp.

If the amp is NOT 2-ohm stable, you can wire the speakers in series, again, to the other half of the amp.

The graphical comparison between series and parallel wiring can be found in this thread:
                    http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4344

***EDIT***

Oh, also depending on how the amplifier handles its inputs, you might want to employ some y-cables to get pre-amp signal, (RCA's) connected to both halves of the amplifier.
                    This is how it is currently wired except I put the y cables at the rear pre-amp rca's at the HU. I end up loosing the right channel. I shut it down for awhile, then it comes on again.

Comment

Working...
                    X