KX750.5 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHP

You mention bridge mode. Is it possible that you are taking left and right RCA cables and connecting them in such a manner that you are only connecting to the right or the left??????
    It's not an optical illusion.
    It just looks like one.....

Comment

Originally posted by philwsailz View Post
      CHP

You mention bridge mode. Is it possible that you are taking left and right RCA cables and connecting them in such a manner that you are only connecting to the right or the left??????
      Dont know if my "finger painting" will make it more or help.

I have tried all 3 pre-out cables in:
      amp 1 + and -
      amp 2 + and -
      amp 1 - and amp 2 + (this is bridge mode right?)

in each wiring config, I loose a different channel
      Attached Files
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Did you try this? Also notice the amp input change I made, just to make sure we are doing the same thing.....those should be Left and Right.
        Attached Files
        http://www.wakeboatworld.com
        []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Yah, that was the first thing Phil had me do, just unplug the "rear" left and right and it should have worked.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Are those dotted lines "Y" cables?

I find it flippin crazy that you are loosing a single side output for each try......I have never seen that kind of thing happen. I could understand an entire side, or front/back, but a single side and isolated front/back is pretty wild.

The drawings you have point to the amp for the problem. Radio is putting out on L/R. RCAs are sending signal to L/R......leaves the amp. Philz is gonna have to handle all of this one. Break out the schematics bro!

What source unit do you have....I just thought of one more thing that may affect that autoswitch....though highly unlikely.
            Last edited by spharis; 06-02-2007, 10:14 PM.
            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
              Are those dotted lines "Y" cables?

I find it flippin crazy that you are loosing a single side output for each try......I have never seen that kind of thing happen. I could understand an entire side, or front/back, but a single side and isolated front/back is pretty wild.

The drawings you have point to the amp for the problem. Radio is putting out on L/R. RCAs are sending signal to L/R......leaves the amp. Philz is gonna have to handle all of this one. Break out the schematics bro!

What source unit do you have....I just thought of one more thing that may affect that autoswitch....though highly unlikely.
              NO. Have not tried "y" cables yet, been gone all day.
              The dotted lines rep every conceivable way I could think of to plug up to that amp.

If I plug into both amp 1 and amp 2 together, using any 2 of the 3, it works fine. But if I only use one set, that's when I loose a channel.

H/U is the Clarion CMD4

Comment

Ah/...now it makes sense.

It seems as though plugging the RCAs in the multiple ways you have done so far changes the impedence of the inputs enough to where the auto switch is trying to work, but it isn't engaging all the way on all channels.

The "Y" cables will patch the problem. As far as why the amp1 input to all channels isn't working....that one is gonna lie with Kicker tech support to solve.
                []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

So freakin' weird.....

I agree, Y-cables should solve the problem, but you should not have to resort to that.

I am at a loss, but agree with SP that there might be something going on with the amp. You bought it installed in the boat right? When did you buy the boat? It has been in the boat for a while with no problem, right?

We might need to handle this off-line, but by all means, pop the y-cables in and let us know. It will be one more piece of diagnostics that might help the guys here.

Comment

Hey, one last question:

By chance is your fader set to same level for front and rear? My thinking here is a stretch, but worth checking......

Comment

Originally posted by philwsailz View Post
                      Hey, one last question:

By chance is your fader set to same level for front and rear? My thinking here is a stretch, but worth checking......
                      I will check.

PM sent

Comment

Update!

H/U fade set to 0, no effect.

Put in "Y" cables.......This works, all channels work know

So Phil, I guess you guys will want this one back to send to R & D so they can see what happened

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                          H/U fade set to 0, no effect.

Put in "Y" cables.......This works, all channels work know

So Phil, I guess you guys will want this one back to send to R & D so they can see what happened
                          Hmmm... NO WAY!!!!!!! (just kidding)

I'll PM ya' later...

Comment

Alright guys, I finally had some time to revisit the stereo/amp issue.

1st ?, Phil, did you ever confirm that the KX700.5 should run all channels on a single input?

2nd ?, The amp is running fine with the "Y" cables, but, am I correct that this method is also dividing the output voltage from the H/U to the amp, thus reducing the output of the amp? If so, do I need reset the gain?, Add a line driver?, New amp?

3rd ?, When I add the vol control pots, will these also drop the input and thus require me to reset the gains.

Thanks for the input everybody.

Comment

2. no. While it is better to have higher gains and lower head unit output, as long as it is distoriton free and you are happy with the sound, the setup is fine.

3. no. They set attenuation, they do not increase the line level (they are usually just a variable resistor), so if you want it back to the original line level, you just turn it up all the way; IE no resistance.
                              []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                                Alright guys, I finally had some time to revisit the stereo/amp issue.

1st ?, Phil, did you ever confirm that the KX700.5 should run all channels on a single input?

2nd ?, The amp is running fine with the "Y" cables, but, am I correct that this method is also dividing the output voltage from the H/U to the amp, thus reducing the output of the amp? If so, do I need reset the gain?, Add a line driver?, New amp?

3rd ?, When I add the vol control pots, will these also drop the input and thus require me to reset the gains.

Thanks for the input everybody.

Back in the office....

I have finally gotten a handle around it. I know the amp was touted to have signal transfer in our training docs. It turns out the transfer is to the sub amp. You need to have RCA cables connected AT LEAST to both AMP1 and AMP2

Your current use of Y-cables is the correct way to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X