Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clarion CMD4 - What do I need for Sirius?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarion CMD4 - What do I need for Sirius?

My boat came with a Clarion CMD4 that claims to be "Sirius Ready". What do I need to actually hook up the Sirius? Do I just need an antennae or do I have to buy something else?

Thanks!

Does it have the domed antenna on the dash? If so, you need to get the serial # off of the back of the sirius unit and call them with that #. It's about $9.00 per month for the service.

Comment

Look in the storage console, if your dealer did install the receiver(doubt it) then you will see it there. Then you just need to call Sirius with the SID # and the will activate.

More than likely, you will have to buy and install the receiver and antenna yourself (takes about 30 mins.) and then call Sirius. You can buy the receiver/antenna packages off Ebay cheap.

SIRCL3 is the unit I got

http://cgi.ebay.com/CLARION-SIRIUS-S...QQcmdZViewItem
      Last edited by chpthril; 05-31-2007, 10:59 PM.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks chptrhil, that's what I need I think. There's no antennae hooked up that I saw and I definitely didn't see a tuner anywhere.

Comment

Ya chances are you are going to have to buy a receiver and antenna and then order the service. When HU's say "Sirius Ready" it usually just means that the deck is capable of playing Sirius radio but you still need to buy the hardware to make it happen.
          If you ain't falling.. you ain't trying hard enough..

Comment

Working...
          X