Pro 80's Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro 80's Power

Found a little extra in the boat budget so I am considering getting a set of pro 80's to replace the metcraft Sony's.

My question is on amps.

Is there a big difference getting a 4 channel and running it bridged versus a 2 channel amp. All ratings at 4 ohms. Looking at
    kicker ZX 550 2 channel @205 watts rms
    Kicker zx 850 4 channel @ 175 watts rms or 425 bridged. (could use this incase I add more tower speakers in the future.

Eclipse XA4000 4 channel 350 watts rms bridged

Also recomended by another party was a JL M 4300 4 channel bridged is 150 RMS.
    ( they say output is much higher. )

Also what is the difference in the boats electrical voltage. Some ratings are at 12.5 and some are at 14.5. Which one Am I concerned with?

The ZX 850 is a little out of the budget. I doubt I would add any additonal speakers but after I hear them who knows.

Let your help begin

Thanks
    Let it be!!!

I'm running the kicker 650.4 bridged. I think it pushed 325 @ 4ohms.

I only have the gain turned up about 1/2 way right now and it seems as though the speakers are under powered. I will be pushing them harder this weekend.

Comment

I talked with Tim White, the president of Wetsounds when I was purchasing my speakers, I gave him a few choices (don't remember them all, but Kicker was definitely in my group) that I was looking at and he definitely recommended the Eclipse because of its low power draw and less heat. It is basically the same amp as an Alpine. I have been very pleased with the amp, but I am biased.

Comment

I thought the pro 80's needed 300rms @ 4 ohms recommended.

Comment

they are 200 watts rms and 400 peak at 4 ohms.
          Let it be!!!

Comment

Working...
          X