Rockford Fosgate AMP Grounding Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rockford Fosgate AMP Grounding Question

I heard that you can not Ground the wire for more than 30 Inches.... The batteries are in the back of the boat. Is there anyway to get around that? IM putting the Amp Under the Console. Any help would be great!!!

! Happy Boarding !
    For Those About To Ride We Solute You

Originally posted by ddmracing05 View Post
    I heard that you can not Ground the wire for more than 30 Inches.... The batteries are in the back of the boat. Is there anyway to get around that? IM putting the Amp Under the Console. Any help would be great!!!

! Happy Boarding !
    The ground can be any lenth as long as you run the correct size wire.The amp does not see the lenth of wire it only sees voltage drop from to small of wire.

Comment

Oh ok.. Im putting in my amp Monday so I cant wait to get my Tower speakers in and Goin along with my subs!

Comment

Get yourself some nice big wires made from www.genuinedealz.com. Use their wiring guide to determine what size you need.

Comment

Ground back to the battery. Boats don't have metal chassis like cars to ground to. Just make sure you use a big enough gauge wire. I could have used 2 or 4 AWG but went with 1/0 AWG since the lead was 17 feat and the ground was 17 feat. You can see it the pics of the 1/0 cable in the RZ4 stereo install thread.

Comment

Yea.. My dad said he got some beefy wires. Ill find out what awg later.

Comment

The 30" ground applies to chassis grounding in an automobile and ease of installation errors and difficulties.
              http://www.wakeboatworld.com
              []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

its alrite i have everything hooked up now and its bangin thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                X