Capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moki View Post
    Sounds great, I can't wait to see the pics! You may be the first to install a generator to run everything or a perhaps a small nuclear plant! Where did you get the 130 amp alt from?
    I bought it from DB
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

distance from batt to dist block is 10 feet of wire lenght tops proably more like 8. From dist block I break it down to 2 and 4 gauge and that is no more then 4 feet.

Have my big amps on a 100 circuit breaker for each one, and then my two small amps are on 2 60's or 40's, I can't remember what I bought, have to go look. The guy and I crunched the numbers and pretty sure we did that right.

Comment

Right....but on each amp, in the manual, there is a recommended external fuse rating. That is the numbers you need. The numbers you posted up would be 320A.....you can do that on a single 1/0 run.

You can do about 350A on 8 feet of copper with 1/0.
        Last edited by spharis; 05-21-2007, 09:27 PM.
        http://www.wakeboatworld.com
        []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

i'll have to track that down.

I'll look tonight. and see what they say and get back with you.

Comment

after doing the calcs, using the items in the book it says that if I'm running 2ohms I have 772 watts, and if 4 then 386. That would need like 8 strands of 0 gauge. That can't be right.

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
              amps draw 4750 watts. Do you need more?
              I think he wanted to know how many amps your amplifiers draw
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

no you base it on the amp draw, not the output.

What is the total of all the fuses in your system? Each amp will have a recommended fuse rating. Add those together. That will be the total draw. Use that number at the distance to find the acceptable AWG range.
                []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
                  no you base it on the amp draw, not the output.

What is the total of all the fuses in your system? Each amp will have a recommended fuse rating. Add those together. That will be the total draw. Use that number at the distance to find the acceptable AWG range.
                  Actually, you can usually get the draw from the technical specs on your amplifier.
                  Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Yes, if they list it. However, to install proper size wiring, adding the fuses together is the accepted method.
                    []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

well my two small amps are 35, and I have 40's I'm using circuit breakers. Then my 4 big ones are on 100's so a total of 480.

so I think two strands of zero will be ok. And then run two strands of 0 for the ground.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/AmpTech-Battery-...QQcmdZViewItem

this work for me you think?

So I'm guessing I need to run 2 strands of zero gauge for this system, sound right? So I'll put the interior one of the amps just running one sub and the entities on one strand, and the other 4 subs on the other. Darn, gotta go buy more dist blocks

Comment

spharis,

what thread did you do all the drawings of different ways for me to wire my system? I can't find/remember it.

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
                            Darn, gotta go buy more dist blocks
                            Think of it as additional ballast

Comment

ha ha ha, very true, not much weight, but true. I gotta get rolling on the wiring. Just found out that We have 4th of july plans! gotta be ready to represent!! Midnight oil, where are you! I gotta find those wiring diagrams.

Comment

well I called and found out that the 1500's need a 100 fuse, the smaller one's have 2 40, and the NVS's amp has a 100, so that's a total of 480.

According to the chart 0 can handle up to 200 for the length I need. you think I can get away with just using 2 strands of 0, or should I do three?

Thanks SP.

Comment

Working...
                                X