New Stereo with PA/Talkbalk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Stereo with PA/Talkbalk

I got my 24Ve a few weeks ago, and opted to do my own stereo. Normally I do myself, but I have been too busy, so I had the local shop that did my truck work on it. I know there have been good and bad said about the infinity 6100M system, but I really wanted the talkback feature with my kids. I put JL audio marine separates in front and back, and a custom sub enclosure in passenger locker. They did a great job, the subs fire down, and the enclosure is perfect size so it sounds great, and takes up very little storage room. The amps are up on the wall on the other side of drivers feet. The remotes are not in yet. One on the transom and one above the throttle. I will post pictures when I get them. I am about to head to the lake now, will let you know how the infinity towers work, sounded awesome in the bay. I have used infinity kappas several times before in my last boat.
    Attached Files
    http://wake9.com/

Looks like they did a good job. Have they ever installed a stereo on a boat before?

Comment

We had those very speakers on our last non-Tige' boat and they were the best boat speakers we've ever had.
      Your gonna love your system.

Nice installation too.
      Our Tige' dealer did a hack job we never got resolved.

We're ordering a new Tige, and are going to have the work done at a shop.
      Who did yours?
      It looks excellent we'd like to use them.

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
        Looks like they did a good job. Have they ever installed a stereo on a boat before?
        Oh yeah. The have spangler marine audio stickers, I have seen them on other boats, and with Lake Oroville so close, quite a few boats.

Comment

Originally posted by Sticky Dipstick View Post
          We had those very speakers on our last non-Tige' boat and they were the best boat speakers we've ever had.
          Your gonna love your system.

Nice installation too.
          Our Tige' dealer did a hack job we never got resolved.

We're ordering a new Tige, and are going to have the work done at a shop.
          Who did yours?
          It looks excellent we'd like to use them.
          Spanglers Audio. They have 2 shops, one in Oroville and one in Chico CA.

They did my truck also, and they did a great job. Also, they are reasonable in price. For instance, I went to another place, called Pacific Audio, they quoted me almost 2 grand for my truck, and then when I started to ask questions, he wasn't even using separates, but coaxial speakers. And when I asked for the estimate, so I could think about it, he wrote the price on the back of a card with a short description. Definitely a "How much you got" experience. I went to spanglers, and I said, I want to replace my stock speakers, amp to drive them, and a subwoofer, keep my stock head unit, and don't break the bank. They came out with an itemized estimate, at $1300. Their work was excellent.

On my boat, I had to buy the Infinity tower system separate, cuz spanglers doesn't yet carry infinity, mostly arc audio and JL Audio. I bought the infinity system for 678 at techronics.com. Spanglers installed, along with 2 10" subs, in a complete custom down firing enclosure, 2 pairs of JL Marine audio separates, Clarion Head unit, 2 installed wired remotes (one by driver, one in transom), and I think thats it. They also installed my tower system, with talk back mic and stuff, all for $3000 plus tax.

As you can see from the pictures, the install is top notch. First, the subs are down firing, so no water issue, and he even made the four corner pedestals out of PVC, which I thought was a real smart touch for the boat. So I lost very little storage, and can just throw stuff in there, without worrying about the subs. And he put the amps, on the other side, up on the wall, again, mostly out of the way.

Now, I thought, the tower had an easy hallow hole, all the way down, but he showed me, the anchor lite is a real tiny wire, and so the hole in the tower joints is REAL small. So you can see in the picture, how he did the wiring in the corners around the joints. He used a plastic shield around the wires, and drilled nice holes in the corners. He did the same where the wires go from the tower to the boat hull. You can also see in the picture how clean wires are into the speakers. I have seen some real tower wire hack jobs, so I was pleased.

As a final note, I spent all day on the lake today, and it sounds awesome. The only issue, is the bass from the tower speakers distorts a bit real loud, like any 6" will do, but the infinity amp doesn't have a freq cutoff, so I can't cut off the bass, so the sub will just handle. So I plan on buying a cutoff/crossover to install between the infinity amp, so solve this. Minor thing.

I can't emphasize enough how GREAT the talkback feature is. My kids can hear me crystal while boarding. Today, my 9 yr old, is now doing much better, cuz I can coach her from the boat, and 11 yr old, just today cleared the wake for the first time. I was able to say, "you pulled up, keep your line", or "don't bend your knees going into the wake, extend", as they were boarding. I didn't have to wait til they were down, and lose all that time. It REALLY helped, and made it worth every penny. They hear the music full boar, and then I push the mic button, and the music drops and they hear my voice. How cool is that? Its a must have IMHO. Oh, and now, my 3 oldest can go for long distances surfing without the rope. I could tell them to get the nose down, and face the wake and stuff, what a blast.

BTW, in case you are wondering, many people have written these towers hang low, but I had at least 4-6 inches clearance to my stock bimini.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by ragboy; 05-20-2007, 06:21 AM.

Comment

"Breaker 1..9..." system looks awesome.

Dude, what tower do you have? I just ran 4 14ga tower speaker wires through my Tige tower, no extra holes, no exposed wires except where they drop through to the speaker!
            Last edited by chpthril; 05-21-2007, 04:18 AM.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
              "Breaker 1..9..." system looks awesome.

Dude, what tower do you have? I just ran 4 14ga tower speaker wires through my Tige tower, no extra holes, no exposed wires except where they drop through to the speaker!
              2007 E Series.

Comment

I finally got the remotes installed. The extension cords were on backordered for a while. They did a great job. Also installed a kicker kx2 crossover to limit deep bass from tower speakers, leave that to subs.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X