Stumped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stumped

OK, I've got an all Pioneer set up. HU, iPod interface, wired marine remote with display. Remote is buggin' out. Works perfectly when key is on ACC. While key is ON the only button that does anything is the + for volume and all it will do is turn the volume down. No other buttons do anything. Turn the boat off and turn the key to ACC, remote works fine.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Does that remote require external power?
    http://www.wakeboatworld.com
    []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Yes.

Comment

If the external power to the remote is switched, that is probably the culprit. Do you have a way to test it? The volume may not be tied to the power rail on it, so that may be why it is working when the key is off. Check to see that the power to the remote shares the switched power with the radio. Is this something new, or has it been installed for some time?

Is that a CD-MR70?
        Last edited by spharis; 05-14-2007, 08:55 PM.
        []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Nicky, did you use the pioneer CD-MR70 or the 80? I set my MR70 up to unswitched power and it works just fine.
          "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

I pulled the entire assembly out (remote, interface, wiring) to have it bench tested this winter. I'm thinking back now and wondering if I hooked it back up to the ingnition switch. It was in all last season but froze up on me on last day out. I pulled it out over the winter and had it tested and it worked perfectly. Put it back in and it worked perfect. Took it to the lake and I hate electrical. I'm betting it's something simple, but this little remote has proven to be a fickle little bastard.

Comment

Oh yeah, I believe it's the MR80. The one with the display on it.

Comment

Hah...that's what you get for buying that fancy schmancy remote.

Razz, on your unswitched power, is it unswitched with the radio, or do you mean unswitched by ignition? On the remotes I have seen, the power only controlled the lighting. That MR-80 is way more fancy though.
                []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
                  Hah...that's what you get for buying that fancy schmancy remote.
                  Tell me about it.

Comment

Crap, now you got me thinking! No mine definately has pos & neg leads and i hooked up to unswitched from the deep bat. I'll have to look at the instructions.

Comment

Have you checked the phased inverter next to the dipthong modulator?

Comment

this is definately not a flux capacitor problem
                        Let it be!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Razzman View Post
                          Crap, now you got me thinking! No mine definately has pos & neg leads and i hooked up to unswitched from the deep bat. I'll have to look at the instructions.
                          Cool, if it is hooked straight to the battery unswitched, then I would think the lights stay on all the time?
                          []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by Moki View Post
                            Have you checked the phased inverter next to the dipthong modulator?
                            Just quoting this to get a second and third Dipthong in this thread.....

"I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
                              Cool, if it is hooked straight to the battery unswitched, then I would think the lights stay on all the time?
                              Now you're gonna make me crawl in the hole and look as i'm now not sure what the hell i did!

Comment

Working...
                              X