New Tunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tunes

This seems the best place for all things music related, so post up Heads! Phildub, SP, I know you guys got some buried treasure. Whatchu got that I aint got?
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

You like chank-a-chank? LOL.
    http://www.wakeboatworld.com
    []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
      This seems the best place for all things music related, so post up Heads! Phildub, SP, I know you guys got some buried treasure. Whatchu got that I aint got?
      I have to dig... A lot of stuff I KNOW I have is stuff I cannot share, due to copyright issues. I have a hilarious rip of The Diarhea Song from The All American Rejects from a battle of the bands back in 2001. Some of their early live stuff would be a HOOT at the end of the rope!

I also have a Garth Brooks original demo from WAY back; not so good for boat listening.

Hmmm...

Now you gonna make me think and dig in the library!
      It's not an optical illusion.
      It just looks like one.....

Comment

Originally posted by philwsailz View Post
        Hmmm...

Now you gonna make me think and dig in the library!
        That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.

SP-chank-a-chank? Is that anything like Bushwick Bill?

Comment

Lord....bring back BB, ghetto boys......makes me think back to junior high......
          "you shot me in the eye......I would have shot you in the body.....I need a napkin for my eye"

Chank-a-chank is a style of zydeco. It's from the sound the instruments make....a constant chank-a-chank in the background to keep rythym.

Here's two of my favorite Zydeco bands - though neither one of them is true chank-a-chank.
          Chubby Carrier and the Bayou Swamp Band
          Wayne Toups
          Toups calls his stuff zydecajun....he never left his roots either. You can hear him live and free all the time at many local festivals, which we have about 52097763 of a year. we celebrate everything. I think this weekend is Mayhaw and cajun food festivals, and last week was jazz fest, week before that was festival international and blues/jazz, and crawfish, and a few months back was a real good one, festivals acadiens. Always free, always fun. we also have downtown alive every weekend, and spring fests at the river ranch. All free. Streets closed off, bands and street artist play, and lots of beer!
          Last edited by spharis; 05-10-2007, 03:45 PM.
          []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

I dig Zydeco....
            "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Well this is the time of year to come get some! It's funny, go 50 miles north and you are in bible belt country.....it's sin city down here.
              []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Get some old skool like The DOC or somethin...still sounds good today!

Comment

Haha, "I need a napkin for my eye". That's some funny chit.

Thanks for clarification on the chank-a-chank. Makes sence now. Pretty far from BB. Not really into it, but I live in the old west so...

Speeking of which, I love this clip for the Duke himself.
                  http://media.putfile.com/great-speec...sm-While-Drunk

Comment

Anyone familiar with Red Dirt music?

I have a some buddies in Cross Canadian Ragweed, The Great Divide, and No Justice.

All of these guys fit into what is basically lumped in as Country Music, but a lot of it really rocks! Southern style....
                    It's not an optical illusion.
                    It just looks like one.....

Comment

No way, we are going to the House of Blues tonight to see CCR! We also saw them at Country Thunder in April in Florence,AZ.

Comment

CCR to me means Crown City Rockers. Hip Hop for grown ups. Everybody seems to really like them, from my mother to my little brother. I shall check out the others though. Thanks.

I like old country. Truckin' or Rodeo mostly. Red Stegal, Red Simpson, **** Curless, Ernie Ford to name a few. I really don't listen to any "new music". If you hear it on mainstream radio, you can bet I don't listen to it.

OK fine, Richard Curless.
                        Last edited by NICKYPOO; 05-10-2007, 11:18 PM. Reason: This damn machine won't let me say ****.

Comment

Dear Linkin Park:

If I wanted to listen to Ballads, I would buy Live Albums or Matchbox 20. I'll tell you what, I'm gong to throw this new Album in the trash, and we can just forget that you made it, everyone makes mistakes. Don't do it again.....
                          "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

LOL....I concur!
                            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by Tequilasun View Post
                              Dear Linkin Park:

If I wanted to listen to Ballads, I would buy Live Albums or Matchbox 20. I'll tell you what, I'm gong to throw this new Album in the trash, and we can just forget that you made it, everyone makes mistakes. Don't do it again.....
                              My oldest son is a Linkin Park fanatic. He thinks they walk on water...we'll see how long he listens to the new one.

Personally, I want more Fort Minor!
                              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                              X