Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philwsailz View Post
    Please elaborate... Actually, I listen to all of those, and more
    You are now required to reply on any "new tunes" type threads.

I have a very close friend that works at The Village in LA who hooks me up with a lot of "underground" stuff, so I know you types of dudes have extensive knowledge of stuff I've never heard of, which happens to be what I'm always on the lookout for.
    Last edited by NICKYPOO; 05-10-2007, 03:00 PM.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
      You must not every listen to much live Jimi, Stevie, or Fleetwood Mac.....Hard to get a mono signal out a couple of Shure SM57s and keep it pure. We talking rap or rock? Rock will rarely have a mixed down clean signal depending on who and how it was recorded....or the good bands anyway.
      Can't disagree with your comment re: mics. Same for 58's. Beta 58's,EV PLRE-20, Sennheiser 421's etc.... A couple? try as many as 20 to 30 on stage for a live show...

Direct boxes brother..... Bass guitar, keys...

PAir of 57's? Surely you dont use a pair of 57's in a kick drum? 57's are the wrong mic for a kick drum anyway... At least get yourself a 58... Not much more money on the used market...
      It's not an optical illusion.
      It just looks like one.....

Comment

A true live recording is done with a few mics or a live studio recording, the mics placed around the instruments are going to pickup the kick drum and bass freqs. Those will never be completely removed from the stereo tracks and as you know, the interaction of the sub levels with the instruments are what gives certain music its sound. OK....we agree partially on this one, so we'll leave it there.

FYI I used to do studio recording and live concerts. We never tried to mix out those interferring signals because of the loss of the true sound that it interred.

Kick drum is a Beta52.
        http://www.wakeboatworld.com
        []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
          Oh boy, Stereo Expert Showdown. Let me go and get my popcorn.
          LOL! I am just ropes on the Goodyear blimp when it comes to these two Jedi Supreme Commanders of Stereo Experts. Could I get some Milk Duds with that popcorn?

Comment

Originally posted by Moki View Post
            LOL! I am just ropes on the Goodyear blimp when it comes to these two Jedi Supreme Commanders of Stereo Experts. Could I get some Milk Duds with that popcorn?
            Here ya go
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Moki View Post
              Ha! I'm the dirt on the ropes after they drug on the ground a bit.

I'm feel like googling every 3rd word..
              "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Here ya go
                Perfect!

Comment

Hee hee hee!!!!

Fun lively discussion!

If I had a microwave here, I would GLADLY make some popcorn to go with the milk duds....

Comment

Could use a soda please!!!
                    Let it be!!!

Comment

Here you go XP.

It's for the next generation... Only Pepsi baby!!!!!!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

The bigger problem here is the lack of an enclosure from the factory... I too have the factory sub and as soon as I get the boat back I am going to build an enclosure for it based off of the specs that Kicker supplies.

Comment

MRM-

Check your PM
                          Was out of pocket. Back on line. Will call you.

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
                            Need some more info on the amp sub setup as the amp doesn't really match up to that sub. What are your amps, and speaker config?

One more note; make sure the amp is recieving a mono signal or is set to mono. If the source unit does not have a mono signal going to each channel, then the coils will recieve different signals. Since you have a 4 channel amp, you cannot bridge that amp in a suggested way per channel. You would have one open set of channels if you bridged correctly. It only supports 4ohm bridged on each set of channels.

I would sell or use that amp somewhere else and purchase one specific for a single sub configuration; or buy another sub; if that is the only driver on that amp. List your specs please.

Woofer wiring wizard. Use it.
                            http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftec...1&woofer_imp=3
                            Phil, spharis - thanks for the feedback. Appreciate.

Posted my wiring diagram some months ago. Here is a revised diagram. Note the ZX 650.4 is being used in a 3 ch Stereo/Mono mode that appears to be ok per the Kicker Manual. The amp is being fed by the non-fader port of hte head unit. The part labeled "wrong" is how it is wired now, the part labeled right is the way the CVR manual states to wire the sub. Comments? Phil - will call.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by MRMoffat1; 05-11-2007, 04:10 AM. Reason: Can't change picture, but noticed the plus and minus signs are backwards on Coil 2 - bottom right

Comment

Please elaborate... Actually, I listen to all of those, and more

Sorry, I tend to write books, so cliff's notes:

* I don't disagree, (to a point) that the signals from a stereo source are different

* For most recordings signals are mono at the lowest of frequencies where the subwoofer will work; this is simply fact

* The mono output of any head unit literally just electrically sums the two channels; any out-of-phase content is not re-aligned to be in phase left with right, else it would be out of phase with one of the full range channels at or near crossover point(s).

* You get the same summing by sending an amplified stereo signal into a dual voice coil woofer

* I already agreed that if a mono sub output is available it is the preferred pre-amp signal

No mono sub output available from the Clarion CDM4 head unit that comes standard from Tige Factory.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy! View Post
                                The bigger problem here is the lack of an enclosure from the factory... I too have the factory sub and as soon as I get the boat back I am going to build an enclosure for it based off of the specs that Kicker supplies.
                                Another project for another day. I requested the enclosure, but I sensed the stereo guy was busy. Wanted me to listen as is for a while and then decide.

Comment

Working...
                                X