Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best way to mount an amplifier on the hull side?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best way to mount an amplifier on the hull side?

I want to mount both of my amplifiers in the compartment in front of the driver. I already have a heater in there and my subwoofer will be in there as well. The only place left to mount one of the amplifiers is on the hull side.

The easiest and most painless way would be to use small screws and use sealant when screwing them in.

I have seen where some have removed the carpet and glued a board on the side. However, it would be much simpler to use screws. Has anybody tried this and are there any horror stories associated with doing this?

I would never put a screw into my hull.

Epoxy a piece of lumber to it. There was a thread on wakeboarder where a guy did that and it turned out nice. He epoxied a piece of lumber, then put carpet over it.
    http://www.wakeboatworld.com
    []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

A screw would poke through the outside.

Comment

Make an Amp board and mount your amps and then Expoy a board with lag bolts to mount the Amp board. Check this thread for some ideas

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...tml?1177819152
        Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
        Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks guys! That is what I will do except I don't need the lag bolts I will just screw into the wood. Any recommendations on epoxy brand?

Comment

Get some 1/2" abs and a tube of Liquid Nails.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
              Get some 1/2" abs and a tube of Liquid Nails.
              Be careful with the Liquid Nails, once on it won't ever come off.
              Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

If it is installed right the first time, why would you need to remove it?

Comment

Originally posted by dogbert View Post
                  Be careful with the Liquid Nails, once on it won't ever come off.
                  i would think as long as the board is carpeted and neatly installed, if the amps are ever removed, it should not be too much of an eye-sore. but that is something that would concern me. however, i would very much rather glue a board to the boat and mount the amps to that, than drive screws into the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                    If it is installed right the first time, why would you need to remove it?
                    We can't all be perfect like you
                    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Working...
                    X