Batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Batteries

I think my batteries are starting to go so I thought I'd ask what you think the best route is.

Charger
    I was looking at the ProMariner 12 on board charger. Is another 8 amps a big enough reason to go with the ProMariner 20 for another $50? Anything better for the price?

Batteries
    I was at Sam's Club and they had three different options
    Optima D34MS $155.82 55AH
    Optima D34DC $155.18 50AH
    Energizer 29HM $64.42 125AH
    Anything better for the price?
    "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
    "the plural of boo is booze."

The Optima D34MS are a good price and a good battery. The ProMariner chargers are nice and so are the Xantrex
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

Comment

I dont think 8 amps is worth $50

I had 2 Interstate batteries in our last boat and they never failed me. The Tige has 2 Interstates and I just added a Trojan 140 amp/hr Deep-Cycle for $98.00. Ive heard good things about them.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        I dont think 8 amps is worth $50

I had 2 Interstate batteries in our last boat and they never failed me. The Tige has 2 Interstates and I just added a Trojan 140 amp/hr Deep-Cycle for $98.00. Ive heard good things about them.
        Are you saying you have three batteries now???? Or are you still at one????

Comment

Originally posted by da.bell View Post
          Are you saying you have three batteries now???? Or are you still at one????
          3 Batteries, just added a 2nd Deep-cycle to the Tige EIDB option.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Seems BassPro has a sale right now on the chargers. $160 for the 20+.

Comment

The Tige has 2 Interstates and I just added a Trojan 140 amp/hr Deep-Cycle for $98.00. Ive heard good things about them.

Which Trojan and from where?

Comment

3 Batteries, just added a 2nd Deep-cycle to the Tige EIDB option.
                Okay, being a computer programmer and don't understand electricity very well.... Sorry, only can be a brainiac in one department. How does this third battery relate your your other post????

Pictures are worth a million dollars now...

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3985

Comment

Evil I would stay away from a Wet battery unless you are very good at keeping them up. Knowing you are in Vegas you have the dry heat to deal with. I killed some Trojans T-105's in 2 years by not keeping them up. If not the Trojan T-105's are a great battery for the stereo. 2 6V are 225 Amp Hours. You should be able to pick up 2 for about $200.
                  Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
                  Winston Churchill

Comment

These Trojans are very nice but cost about $165 each and you need 2
                    http://www.trojan-battery.com/Produc...px?Name=6V-AGM
                    Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by evil0ne View Post
                      Which Trojan and from where?
                      Part # 8627m140 from my dealer in SC.

Comment

Okay, being a computer programmer and don't understand electricity very well.... Sorry, only can be a brainiac in one department. How does this third battery relate your your other post????

Pictures are worth a million dollars now...

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3985
                        Okay, couldn't wait. What about this????? change last battery to deepcycle3...

If I am hijacking, then let me know and will post somewhere else....
                        Attached Files

Comment

The original picture is how it relates. Your altered picture has 4 batteries. He has one starter battery isolated from his two stereo batteries.

Comment

Okay, couldn't wait. What about this????? change last battery to deepcycle3...

If I am hijacking, then let me know and will post somewhere else....
                            I wan't to do mine the same also but I don't seam to have the isolator in the drawing. I have the EIDB option in my RZ2 is a isolator required?

Comment

Originally posted by THE g View Post
                              I wan't to do mine the same also but I don't seam to have the isolator in the drawing. I have the EIDB option in my RZ2 is a isolator required?
                              Don't listen to me...... Watch the others...... I'm already confused enough from EvilOne's message..... Too much wine and beer.... Will try to comprehend tomorrow........

Comment

Working...
                              X