PAC Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PAC Install

OK all you guys with PAC controllers chime in here. When you install these things is there a certain way to initially set them to the amp so you have full range volume control?

No i didn't build my own SP, local Radio Shack didn't have the parts and i got them for $11 each shipped!
    "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Get your gain control set first on the amp before installing the PAC controler. Once the gain is correctly set then hook up the PAC controler. That way when it is up all the way it is where the music will sound the best and when you bring it down it will lower it so you can talk or mix and match tower vs cabin.
    Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
    Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Coach View Post
      Get your gain control set first on the amp before installing the PAC controler. Once the gain is correctly set then hook up the PAC controler. That way when it is up all the way it is where the music will sound the best and when you bring it down it will lower it so you can talk or mix and match tower vs cabin.
      Thanks Coach, that's exactly what i needed. Yeah i want to be able to mix-n-match when needed.

Comment

I finally got the PAC's in so here's a couple shots. Had too much crap behind the dash where i wanted them so i just put'em behind and pointing below the remote. Works real good.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice and stealth, should be a good spot for them.
          "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
          "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

nice placement. Where did you buy from?
            http://www.wakeboatworld.com
            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Got 'em off of eBay dirt cheap, $7.99 each if i remember. I think it was $21 total shipped for two. I can find it again if anyone's interested.

Comment

I want pics of how you have them mounted. Glue?
                http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

I mounted them side by side on a 6"x2" 1/4" thick piece of black ABS plastic. I then mounted the plastic flush against the back of the fiberglass behind the dash so that the PAC bodies are facing the bow, knobs down. This allows the knobs to turn just as if the are facing out, same rotation.

I put three slotted holes in the plastic so i could adjust height up or down. The end hole next to the hull had to have about a 1/2" plastic spacer between the plastic and glass as the glass had a depression there. If you want some pics i can crawl in the hole tomorrow and snap ya a couple.

Oh yeah, it's solid as a rock, they do not move at all! And another bonus is that no leg interference at all. You'd be hard pressed to hit at all.
                  Last edited by Razzman; 05-10-2007, 03:24 AM.

Comment

Looks good Razzman.

Here is mine. Kind of embarrising as I did this late at night and totally missed my mark on the middle one. It was supposed to be right in the middle of the speedo and voltmeter. Had to trim the box way down to get it to fit under the dash. Lucky I did not drill through any wires.
                    Attached Files
                    Let it be!!!

Comment

Jim,

That looks way too familiar!

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1693
                      Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Yea but you knew how to measure and space. I am like overseas, I take great ideas and make an inferior product Again you were the leader. Now I just need to sell a few toys to get the new amp and tower speakers.
                        Let it be!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X