Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
      Sweet, ok. I'll do that. That wouldn't create an issue with amps running hot would it? as I have one split into four amps now would it?
      No, but we can blame you for global warming
      Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Dog,

Go for it. I'll take the blame for the world being a jacked up issue!!

Comment

Finished "re" installing the system with 4/8 guage wire, and the new wiring as per the wiring diagram we came up with. Got a 60A AGU fuse inline for the sub-amp and a 100A MAXI inline for the main amp (spec says should be 80A - All I had was a 100A)

HOLY S#$% is it LOUD !!! The sub sounds fantastic, and everything works nicely.

Only thing is that the speakers don't sound as clean as I think they should. I used 14 (I think) guage wire, where I should probably be using 12 or 10. Two of the runs are 15+ feet. I'll see if I can get some wire tomorrow and rewire those.

Also, found out that the battery I had (from a UPS at work that was never used) won't hold a charge, so I guess I'm off to Costco too.

Either way, it friggin rocks now

Thanks for all the help from you guys (and gals??)
          Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

Comment

JL, just as an FYI i'm using 16ga throughout mine for the cabin and tower speakers and i have no issue with poer or clarity and i know i have a couple runs of at least 15 feet. I would double check your amp settings just to be sure before you go and replace the speaker wire. Also, when you adjusted the amp did you have all the settings on the head unit set to null or their defeated/minimum settings before adjusting?
            "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

Good thought. I'll check.

Comment

Had to go to Costco and get a new battery. The one I had was dead. I got the 115amp hour version, instead of the 55Amp version (the blue one)

Seems like a no-brainer, but I know some others here swear by the blue ones.

Comment

glad you got it all to work out!!!

Comment

yeah, I'm really happy with it. Can't wait to get it on the water!!

Comment

Working...
                    X