Stereo for new RZ2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stereo for new RZ2

I finely decided on my new sound system this is what I am going with,all speakers are MTX.

Sub-T8515-44 15"
    Boat-3pair-TM6001 components
    Tower-2pair-TM6502 there new tower speakers
    TA-81001 sub amp 1000watts@2ohm
    TA-5604 X 2 tower and boat speakers
    Pioneer DEHP690UB head unit
    Pioneer CDMR80D remotes X 2

Will I need more than 2 batteries that come with the boat to power every thing or a battery isolator ect.The boat will be here in 3 weeks and I want every thing ready when it gets here.

While you won't need the 2 battery set up, you might want it. otherwise you will be doing the nervous "turn the boat on every 30 minutes" dance.

Looks like you have a great system planned.
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Will I need more than 2 batteries that come with the boat to power every thing or a battery isolator ect.The boat will be here in 3 weeks and I want every thing ready when it gets here.
      Not sure if I'm reading your post right or not, but if you have the EIDB (duel battery setup), then you have a Starting battery and a Deepcycle (house) battery and an Isolator allready, this will give you a few hours of anchore/beach time and the Iso will keep the starting batt fresh. Adding a 2nd Deepcycle (house) will increase your "tune" time.

Other than that, sounds like a nice setup. Post some pics when you get a chance.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        Not sure if I'm reading your post right or not, but if you have the EIDB (duel battery setup), then you have a Starting battery and a Deepcycle (house) battery and an Isolator allready, this will give you a few hours of anchore/beach time and the Iso will keep the starting batt fresh. Adding a 2nd Deepcycle (house) will increase your "tune" time.

Other than that, sounds like a nice setup. Post some pics when you get a chance.
        I do have the EIDB but this system is much largrer than old boat system at times we go out to the big lake and float for hours. It would be nice if I could run off battery and still be able to start with other battery. I guess the real question I have is how long could I run off of one battery before starting boat and charge up?

Comment

Originally posted by THE g View Post
          I do have the EIDB but this system is much largrer than old boat system at times we go out to the big lake and float for hours. It would be nice if I could run off battery and still be able to start with other battery. I guess the real question I have is how long could I run off of one battery before starting boat and charge up?
          The main thing to look at is Amp hours. There are a few threads on this all ready, so do a search to see if you can find them. Spharis is the man with the numbers on this info. I am running 3 Oddessesy 2150's with a starting battery so I have 300 Ah for my stereo. It can run all day at about 40-50% (which is very loud). It is also isolated from my starting battery. I tend to float or hang out on different beaches and play DJ.
          Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
          Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by THE g View Post
            Like Coach said, you need to add up your Amp draw per hour and then decide how long you want to play. If you expand the current battery setup (add another deepcycle) and keep the Iso, it will keep your starting battery from running down. Or you can add a seperate bank of batteries just for the stereo, but you would want to install an onboard charger and need plug up when you come off the lake as they will not be connected to the alternator through the Iso. I think that is what Coach and others have done? Correct me if I am wrong Coach
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I tried it ..

Early last year I tried a parallel system on my RV where I used 2 6 volt batteries to make 12. The idea is that they have more surface area and last longer. I read some pretty good articles about the conversion on the net. It does sound odd but so far it is working well for me. It might work in a boat.

Comment

Working...
              X