Old School System Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old School System Install

Well i finally have it done exept for the tower so i took a few pics for y'all to see. Won't win any competitions but it sure as hell is loud Let's say i can barely get it to 3/4 volume before these old ears start screaming! I had to make custom rear speakers rings out of polyboard and cover them in vinyl to cover the old speaker marks in the upholstery, what a pain! Here's a breakdown for those that want to know...

System total cost: $795

HU: Pioneer DEH-4900ib w/ ipod direct link
    Wired remote: Pioneer CD-MR70
    ipod interface cable: Pioneer CD-1200
    ipod: Nano
    Amp1: Orion HP4800 4CH / wired 2ohms @ 100 x 4
    Amp2: Orion HP2400 2CH / wired 4 ohms @ 85 x 4
    Speakers: Rockford Fosgate Power 6.5" ~ 75 rms / 150 peak
    Subwoofer: Rockford Fosgate Punch RFZ3410 ~ 150 rms / 400 peak

Other stuff:

Isolator: Stinger SR80
    Deep cycle battery: Costco
    Sub gain control: Orion HP-RB1
    Distribution blocks: Generic eBay
    Battery cables: GenuineDealz via eBay
    Power & speaker wire: KnuKonceptz
    Custom speaker rings: Razzman
    Tower cans: DIYWake
    Speaker Covers: ScreaminSacs

And of course the pics (ignore the dirty boat ) ;
    Attached Files
    "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

More pics ...
    Attached Files

Comment

Nice Razz any pics of the tower cans?
      The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

I haven't even touched those yet, finishing the trailer restore right now. i hope to have the tower done in about two weeks. I have a set of PIAA lights i had laying around i'm gonna install as well for nightime loading and such. Check the link on the cans you can see what they look like.

Comment

Yea, they don't look bad. Post some pics when you get the tower done.

Comment

Awesome install dude, looks sweet
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

nice looking boat Razz.
              Originally posted by G-MONEY
              It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

What are you talking about, he didn't post any pics of his boat...just his audio system that is way better than yours just kidding dom

Comment

I am no expert, but your install looks alot cleaner than mine.

Comment

Looks awesome .......nice work.
                    http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                    []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Looks competitive to me! I have to do all of that and am kind of excited and I am kind of not! Anyway, sweet looking system. What did you mount your isolator and wire connectors on -- and is that mounted on the hull?

Comment

Thanks guys! I hadn't done a stereo install in 20 years or so so it was a bit of a challenge with all the new stuff and all. The wife says I'm too anal because i like stuff to be just right, oh well it's better than slapping it together!

Moki, I mounted the iso and distribution blocks to a piece of a cheap polyurethane cutting board i bought at a discount store just for this purpose. I mounted that and the amps to the center support running running under the center of the closed bow. Let me tell you crawling into the "hole" is a chore and a half! 10 more pounds and i wouldn't have got in there!

Comment

Here's what i had to crawl into way to many times to think about! No matter how many times I thought I had all the tools and supplies I need, there was always something I forgot. I musta crawled in and out of there three dozen times!
                          Attached Files

Comment

I feel you on that access door.....you have the advantage of the full bow length though.....mine is only a few feet deep.
                            http://www.wakeboatworld.com
                            []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by spharis View Post
                              I feel you on that access door.....you have the advantage of the full bow length though.....mine is only a few feet deep.
                              It's funny you mention that, while stuck in the "hole" one day i wondered how you open bow guys do this with limited space and all. Gotta get creative i guess huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X