Sony RM-XM10 Remote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony RM-XM10 Remote

I need the O.D. of the face for the Sony RM-XM10 Remote. Also, any pros or cons on this remote.

This is all I could find on dimensions for it, hope it will help some http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/mod...l=RMXM10&LOC=3

Click on operating instructions and it has a dimensions schematic.

Comment

I owe ya. Thats exactly what I needed. Now I can get rid of the Clarion "stuff" and put in the Sony.
      I went to the Sony site and it sent me to Crutchfield, who didn't have this unit listed.
      Thanks again.

Comment

TigeDuner: I was looking into a Sony system in lieu of the Clarion, what was your decision based on?
        Wilson

Comment

I had good luck with the Sony in my other Tige and also wanted to control my sub better. The new HU has a set of pre amp outs for the sub as well as a front usb port and a aux in for Ipods. This also charges the Ipod, which we use alot. Got a great deal on ebay for the unit and the remote. I chose the earlier version of the remote because it fit in the clarion remote hole. Good luck.

Comment

What model head unit did you end up getting? I'm looking at the CDX-GT510 or the CDX-GT710. I really wanted the 610UI, which has a USB port, but I was told it would not work with the wired remote.

I shouldn't be concerned if the head units are not specifically marine units, correct?

Thanks for the help!
            Wilson

Comment

Thee model I have is the CDX GT81UW. The local Tige dealer said there is very little difference in the marine products unless you have it directly exposed to the weather so they use Sony products. You would need a model like the Clarion CMD4 that you can "hose" down if exposed to the elements. Good luck.

Comment

As long as it has "uni-link" control, you can use a wired remote with it.

Comment

Great. Thanks for your input!
                  Wilson

Comment

Working...
                  X