Lookee what I found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lookee what I found

OK, so they aren't HLCDs but they are pretty nice looking, and were CHEAP....I put a low snipe bid in and won.....$305, mounts and all. Might need to pawn these Kicker 6x9's off to someone though......

From the Phantom line of Skylons....probably 2 years old or so. This is the Phantom 6x9, and while I am not a huge fan of 6x9 drivers, I will be giving these a go to see how they sound. I figure I can always sell them and get my money back.
    Last edited by spharis; 03-16-2007, 05:54 PM.
    http://www.wakeboatworld.com
    []) [] []V[] [])

that is a good deal.

I'm not a 6x9 guy either, but the box looks good, and should throw some decent tunage.

Good buy!
    "I want to know God's thoughts, the rest are just details"

Comment

Wow, that looks like a steal. That connector looks much nicer then the rubber grommet on my Liquid Trends box. Not that I really have the need to take them off ever again, it just looks like a better design.
      "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
      "the plural of boo is booze."

Comment

Originally posted by evil0ne View Post
        Wow, that looks like a steal.
        And that could very well be true! LOL

Actually they are brand new; I paid with a MC so, a chargeback may be in order.....I am just hoping they show up. $1300 MSRP, so I def. got them cheap. Seller seemed legit enough.
        []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

That's a sweet looking rack
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Slick dude! Yeah for that price I'd be waiting for a knock on my door! LOL!
              "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

that's pretty darn cool!
                Originally posted by G-MONEY
                It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

That's a score.

I like 6X9's. Always have. I dunno.

Hey SP, how do you feel about the Polk db series for a good cheap speaker? I just bought four 6 1/2's (cabin) and two 6x9's (tower) for $246.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

That's a good price on those Nicky, I'd jump all over those! I was looking at those as well until i got six Rockford Power 6.5"s for $160! Mine was a fluke though, guy was dumping an audio store buyout on eBay.
                    "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

I wouldn't call Polk DB's a cheaply built speaker, though they can be had cheap. They are very nice, and I have owned a few pair. They are a great budget model and can be proven by the longevity of the line. Polk DB's and MOMO components have been available for about 7 years unchanged. To ice the cake, they are marine-able. They aren't as bright as an MB quart or a JL, but they are 1/3 the proce of those too, and can handle power.

I was planning on going all Rockford Power/marine line with my setup (got the sub in earlier this week), but I guess the kickers will do until I can replace them. Still amp shopping, and haven't mounted all my cabin speakers yet.
                      Last edited by spharis; 03-16-2007, 09:29 PM.
                      []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

I'm looking at getting some polks. Glad to hear they are an ok speaker. I"m going to put some in my boat in the interior speakers
                        Originally posted by G-MONEY
                        It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

If I was looking for a polk interior comp, I would buy this
                          http://www.crutchfield.com/S-HOsjWMq...lay=Polk+Audio

Decent price range on ebay, and a very good marine driver. Not so expensive you care if a foot goes through it. And for killer look at the freq. response.......some 10" subs can't be played this low; I tune ported boxes to 35Hz.
                          frequency response: 35-23,000 Hz
                          []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

I got the db650's for $65p/pair (2) and the db690's for $89p/pair (1). Cheap, easy and clean. I quote Billy Joel, "You get more mileage from a cheap pair of speakers."
                            You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Do you have FAE? I'll bet the sound will carry if you do.

*** I just noticed I moved up to a seenyour member*** Don't know how I feel about that...

Comment

Working...
                              X