Light Bar Install?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light Bar Install?

I know it's not speaker related, but I figured it is more suited to this forum then anywhere else.

I have my tower speakers pulled off the tower to get repainted and I want to run power for tower lights. I don't have the lights yet, but while the tower is in sections it would be smart to run the power now.

Say I want to do a 5 light setup with front and back lights what should I run?
    "a what? i can['t] say/spell/pronounce that word..." - wannabewakeboarder
    "the plural of boo is booze."

Originally posted by evil0ne View Post
    I know it's not speaker related, but I figured it is more suited to this forum then anywhere else.

I have my tower speakers pulled off the tower to get repainted and I want to run power for tower lights. I don't have the lights yet, but while the tower is in sections it would be smart to run the power now.

Say I want to do a 5 light setup with front and back lights what should I run?
    If you go with LED, you could run 2 pairs (1 for the front lights, 1 for the rear lights) of 18 or 16 ga

If you go with Halogen, Krypton etc type bulbs you might be ok with just 2 pairs of wire if you you stepped up to 12ga and used relays to ease the load on the switches.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

what he said
      http://www.wakeboatworld.com
      []) [] []V[] [])

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        If you go with LED, you could run 2 pairs (1 for the front lights, 1 for the rear lights) of 18 or 16 ga

If you go with Halogen, Krypton etc type bulbs you might be ok with just 2 pairs of wire if you you stepped up to 12ga and used relays to ease the load on the switches.
        Got any links of LED light setups? I've only seen the automotive style foglamp Halogens.

Comment

Originally posted by evil0ne View Post
          Got any links of LED light setups? I've only seen the automotive style foglamp Halogens.
          http://www.wakeside.com/page/w/CTGY/...d_tower_lights

you could also check ebay

http://www.newdimensiontowers.com/home.html
          The sun never sets on a badass

Comment

Originally posted by wannabewakeboarder View Post
            Wannabe, which light bars on those to sites are LED's, I could not find any listed as LED in thier description
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

IMO i can't see LED lights on a tower being useful for anything. Yeah they can be bright but only for a very short distance. I'm putting two 5" round 55watt lights forward for docking / loading lights and a small light facing rear for usefull light in the boat/transom area. Definately run relays if using 55w or better or you'll fry the wires or the switch.
              "Call me anything you want ... Just don't call me NOBODY!

Comment

Originally posted by Razzman View Post
                IMO i can't see LED lights on a tower being useful for anything. Yeah they can be bright but only for a very short distance. I'm putting two 5" round 55watt lights forward for docking / loading lights and a small light facing rear for usefull light in the boat/transom area. Definately run relays if using 55w or better or you'll fry the wires or the switch.
                I did a google and didn't come up w/anything yet. Maybe knowbody makes LED tower lights I've got a 3 LED backpack headlamp that runs of 2 AA and shots a beam about 7 feet. The RZ docking lights are a pod of about 12 LED's, they are bright but have not seen them at night though.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                  I did a google and didn't come up w/anything yet. Maybe knowbody makes LED tower lights I've got a 3 LED backpack headlamp that runs of 2 AA and shots a beam about 7 feet. The RZ docking lights are a pod of about 12 LED's, they are bright but have not seen them at night though.
                  That's kind of what I figured when I heard the LED suggestion. PIAA makes some LED foglamps but not sure how well they would perform. I think LEDs could work in a projection lense. There are TVs that will have their backlight provided by LED and the LS600h will have LED headlights.

Comment

Pelican and Underwater Kinetics both make LED Dive lights. I doubt they would work for a tower, but might give you a lead at least. They are all DC powered (obviously) and have the added benefit of being water proof.
                    Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

Comment

Or there is this:

http://www.theledlight.com/dcbulbs.html
                      Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

Comment

Working...
                      X