Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh yeah, the scratchy is crystal clear Wait till the subs come in too
    Originally posted by G-MONEY
    It hurts me to say it but go OU but only for this weekend!!!!

Comment

coach

Did you have your stuff made by a place in so cal? i'm contemplating having my boxes made by someone that way they look a lot better then what I can do, and do the rest myself.

If you did would you mind passing the info along?

thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
        I actually have the entire Pioneer iPod interface with the wired marine remote with display set up. You control the iPod from the remote and all your playlists work. The only thing I don't like is that it takes a few seconds for inputs to get through the system. Other than that, it's a pretty cool little setup. I built a box to house the iPod and the two interface modules for the iPod and remote and have it mounted in the observers compartment.
        I also have the pioneer interface, works great...except for the delay, but whatever, its way better than the fm modulator, and beats CD's. I used to use the mini to RCA jack, but found that relying on people sitting bitch to change songs, and having it flop around the boat was no bueno.

Comment

ha ha ha, that's why I just take it if they don't like what I listen to then TOUGH, shouldn't complain

Comment

ipod adapter

I have the ea 1251 i think that was the number charges ipod and if you set up playlists can change paylists from remote acts if was a cd changer
            Graham

Comment

Hey Nickypoo -

Do you have the ip-bus for the remote and the ipod? Which one is closest to the HU?
              Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol.

Comment

In my set-up I have the XMD3 (in the glove box) with the EA1251 (iPod interface) and the Clarion wired remote (by the drivers seat). The good thing about the iPod interface is that it gives all the Album/Song/Artist info on the HU display and on the remote display and it charges the iPod. However the bad things about the interface are that it always starts at the first song alphabetically. You can set-up playlists, however they need to be labeled Clarion1, Clarion2, etc. It is also virtually impossible to find a specific song if someone asks to hear it (especially if you have hundreds of songs). Also I have found if you iPod battery is dead when you plug it in, it will not work. The device does charge your iPod, but apparently only if you have some initial battery power (strange feature….). I don’t know if the new iPod interface (EA1276) is any better, if anyone has any experience with the new interface, please tell us about it.

To eliminate some of these problems I have an AUX in plug so I can always use it in the normal mode. Sometimes this is the best way to go.

Comment

Playlists are ok. I have a Pioneer HU, and it has a knob that functions similar to the ipod dial, so finding songs is not that bad. a little slow to display the info, but it works. I think playlists will be the way to go. Just create a few lists for "the lake" and away we go!

Comment

Originally posted by jleger98 View Post
                    Hey Nickypoo -

Do you have the ip-bus for the remote and the ipod? Which one is closest to the HU?
                    Sorry JL, I just saw this. Yes I do and I'm not sure unless I'm looking at it. Did you get it straightened out?

How did you mount that whole nightmare? Interfaces, power wires, data wires. I think that was the most difficult part of the install of the new system last year.
                    Last edited by NICKYPOO; 03-28-2007, 09:24 PM.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Yep I'm good thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Domsz06 View Post
                        I use 8 tracks with these
                        Jim Croce - My first 8 track -- Didn't he just die?

Comment

Working...
                        X