New Amp Install - Wiring Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Amp Install - Wiring Questions

I’m adding a pair of 8” Kicker tower speakers powered by a Kicker KMA 300.4 amp. I already have 2 amps running the cockpit speakers and subs. What’s the best way to wire the remote (Turn-on) wire? Splice it? Possible to chain it from one of the other amps?

Also, running a Clarion CMD5 head unit that still seems to work fine. I haven’t dug into the wiring harness yet but it looks like there are RCA’s for the two channels going to each of the existing amps. Not sure yet how I will get signal from the head unit to the 3rd amp. Any suggestions are appreciated.

TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can split the turn on lead or daisy chain it from one of the amps.

For the rcas, if you only have 2 sets of outputs from the head unit, you will either need to get some rca Y adapters to split the signal, or check to see if an amp has a set of rca outs that pass through the signal.

Comment

Will be best if your head unit has a third rca output so you can independently fad the volume between the towers and in boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

CMD5 has 3 pair of full-range stereo outputs; FRONT, REAR and NON-FADE. Heres how I would setup it up. FRONT to the in-boats amp, REAR to the tower speaker amp and then NON-FADE to the woofer amp.

if your plan is to bridge those new tower speakers on that amp, you will need a pair of RCA Y cables, if you did not get a pair of those yet.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X