Broken Rev 10 Can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken Rev 10 Can

I have two rev10s mounted on my 22ve e-series tower. The speakers were mounted using swivel mounts. The lake I’m on is pretty rough so there was a generous amount of side to side movement. One speaker cracked near the mount. I switched to the fixed mounts which helped tremendously with movement, there’s almost none. I tried to epoxy the crack but it didn’t hold. I’m worried about water getting in. Is this fixable? If not, is it possible to take the speaker out and put it in a new can?
    IMG_20200427_181521.jpg
    IMG_20200427_181503.jpg
    IMG_20200427_181449.jpg
    Last edited by bheider; 04-28-2020, 12:09 AM.

It is possible to remove the driver and cross-over and swap all thats needed, over to an empty pod, IF one is available.

If you are prepared to redo the finish on the pod, the pod could possible be repaired much in the way that a bumper cover is repaired.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Is that a Rev 10 or Pro 80? I have seen the old Pro series crack before.

Comment

The 2-pin connector tells me it is a rev-10. Pro-80 converted to x-mount would end up with two bare wires to splice to the tower wires. IIRC, the connector came on a 2nd gen rev-10. First gen rev's also had wire pigtails to splice right to tower wires.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I removed the grill and screws from the front of the speaker. It feels like it is glued/sealed into the can. Do you have any tips for removing it?

Comment

Its just a tight fit. Lay a towel or blank out, then flip the pod driver side down. The take the palm of you hand and smack the pod in the area where the driver seats. It will bounce the driver loose. Then carefully tilt the pod over and watch for the 4 wires connected to the driver. Dont want to lift the pop or let the driver fall out and yank them.

Comment

That did it, thanks chpthril! I'll see what can be done for a repair. If anyone comes across a rev 10 with a dead driver, I'd be interested in buying it.

Comment

I'd reach out to both wetsounds and earmark audio and see if they have any old cans laying around. might get lucky that they have something sitting in the boneyard that they would part with for a few bux.
                2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion sandm. I was able to a can from wetsounds for a price that seemed reasonable.

Comment

Working...
                  X