Amp upgrade question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amp upgrade question

I am needing to replace an amp in my 2010 RZ2. It came with a Wetsounds SYN6 and a Wetsounds SYN2 amp set up along with three sets of WS 6.5s, two REV 8B tower speakers and a sub.

I replaced the SYN2 last year with a new SYN DX2 as the SYN2 completely crapped out. The SYN DX2 was pretty plug and play, and things were back to working and sounding good. Late in the season, I began having issues with my sub working intermittently. I believe the SYN6 is on its last leg and I am looking at replacing with a SYN DX6. I was hoping it would also be plug and play as well, but I see an issue.

The old SYN6 has a Remote Level plug with a CAT5 looking cable pugged in to it. In looking at the new SYN DX6, I don't see a similar plug? I'm not sure if this cable runs to the remote control at the swim deck possibly?? Can anyone enlighten me on what this is and how it would integrate to the new SYN DX6?

Screen Shot 2020-04-22 at 5.33.18 PM.jpg

Pretty sure that's for a gain control? It's not for the transom or drivers side remote. That's a separate cable that can most likely be found in the passenger locker and connects directly to the Clarion deck.

Comment

Sub volume level control. Knob would be located just under the lip of the helm, right below the steering wheel. This existing knob will not be compatible with the new SynDX6.

If you wanted to retain the use of a sub level knob, the SDX-6 includes one. The SDX-6 will offer the same wattage to your woofer, but actually more then 2X the wattage to the in-boats.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
      X