Speaker suitz necessary?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speaker suitz necessary?

I just landed a pair of rev10s and I’m wondering if speaker suitz are really necessary. If it’s just to keep bugs and dust off, I don’t mind just cleaning then down with a rag. If it’s to prevent the pod/speaker from fading in the sun, that may be a justifiable reason for the three-figure cost of a basketball sized piece of neoprene. I’m tempted to buy a $40 wetsuit from Costco and get a sewing needle and scissors out. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My thoughts are that UV will damage the woofer and surround material causing early degradation in sound quality and early death to the speaker.....this is just my thought and opinion

The Bimini covers the speaker while on the water, so the only time the speaker is really exposed in during towing or storage....

Comment

Here are some build features that may help explain their cost, first. The suits come as a pair, so 3 figures for two (2) covers. Web carry handles for easy transportation for those that need to remove the speakers for long hauls or boat is stored in marine. Protective flap between zipper and pod to protect the pods finish. Glove fit that works with either X-Mount or either tube clamps. You will not find this detail on aftermarket covers.

If the boat is stored on a non-covered lift, then yes, the Suitz are great to keep the sun off. They also keep bugs, spiders and dirt dobbers from building nests in the horn flares. If you tow long distances or store the boat in a marine, or even on your own dock, then removing the speakers and storing them in the suits is ideal, the covers make it easy to transport using the carry handles and protects them while stowed.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Speaker suitz necessary?

Hmmm my biggest concern would be fade.... (the pods not the suitz). I live up north (ny) so it’s only in the sun 5-6 months of the year, and our sun isn’t as bright as folks down south.

@chpthril, care to pm the cost of you sending a pair to me? Prefer to support a small business if possible.

Comment

Working...
        X