Speakers with RGB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speakers with RGB?

Hello all, I just purchased some kicker cans and speakers and am new to the RGB system. The speakers are the Wetsounds xs65ic and the Kicker KM61. I assume I need a controller to make the light portion of these work? If so, are there units that will run both sets of speakers even though they are different brands? Also, do I need to drill new holes in the cans to access the RGB wiring? Finally, do I need the poly fill or not?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_2025.jpgIMG_2026.jpgIMG_2027.jpgIMG_2028.jpg

If there is a black rubber plug between the clamp and speaker wire binding posts, then those pods are designed to accept LEDs. Pull the plug and route the wire through it. If no plug, then you would need to drill the appropriate size hole.

As to the Kicker 43BKM614LAMP seems to indicate it has an LED. However, i have a feeling it may be a single blue LED, not RGB. Thats an OEM speaker sold in bulk, so im not 100% sure on those models. There should be a blue and gray speaker wire with male spade terminals on the ends. Then the other wires are for LEDs. If theres only 2 smaller wires, then its a blue LED. If there are 4 wires = black, red, green and blue, then it is an RBG LED.

On the WS-65ic-B. I would have expected there to be an "RGB" at the end of the model number to denote its the RGB LED version. Are there 4 led wires coming off the basket? Red, Green, blue and black?

On the controller. Those 2 models, if RGB, will work wired together on most any RGB controller. They wire and operate the same.

Leave the polly, its supplied by Kicker. It makes the speaker think the pod is larger inside then it is. Helps with sound quality.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thank you for the response. It looks like the kickers would just be the blue as there are only 2 wires (in addition to the blue/gray). The wetsounds have 4 with some sort of connector. The pic is similar to what I have.

Capture.JPG

Fusion makes an RGB controller that will do two sets but if the Kickers only do blue then I'm not sure if they'll connect correctly. I don't mind having just blue for all 4, I'm just not familiar with how they all connect. Thanks again!

Comment

You will not want to connect the blue Kickers because they will be light blue, while the others might be purple or other colors, as its takes blue and red to make the purple for example. It will be poor light effect.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
        X