Adding a 2nd Pair of Rev 10's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a 2nd Pair of Rev 10's

I'm looking for some help on adding a second pair of Rev 10's on the tower. I do have the wires already ran through the tower and ready to hook up speakers.

My question is:
    How do you wire the LED Ring?

I haven't bought the LED ring yet and I'm wondering if it's going to be a hassle to add them.

Do you have RGB rings on the other speakers?
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

The factory Rev 10's have the LED lights, the new ones don't.

Comment

Pull the plastic plug out of hole where the new tower speakers will go. See if the RGB wires are tied up with the speaker wires. If so, all you have to do is tie them in. If not, you will have to run new wires for the new speakers. Just jump from one to the next and run the wires down the tower to the RGB controller which is on the port side in the observer area. Not a real easy task on the Alpha.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

If the Existing speaker LEDs are wired up, then you can jump a 4 conductor from the new pod (speaker wire hole) over to the existing speaker. Down side, you will have to remove the driver and dismount the pod in order to access the existing LED wire. This may be easier then running new LED wires down the tower, just for the new speaker rings.

A 2015 ASR could have come with the shinny Syn series amp or the black SD series, which ones does your ASR have?
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Where are people buying rev 10s with the led rings? I want to add a second set.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

@bennenrkc

Id start with your local Wet Sounds dealer, which could also happen to be your Tige dealer. If you do not have a local dealer, then seek out one of their reputable online retailers. One thats going to make sure you get the best mounting option for your needs, and will be there to help through the installation for those looking for a DIY project. The speakers, mounting options and LED rings are ordered a-la-carte.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by bennenrkc View Post
                  Where are people buying rev 10s with the led rings? I want to add a second set.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wet-Sounds-....c100667.m2042

Comment

Brand new with full factory warranty can be had for not much more then those "refurbished". And you get support on how to wire them up, to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                      A 2015 ASR could have come with the shinny Syn series amp or the black SD series, which ones does your ASR have?
                      I have the Shinny Syn Series.

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                      Brand new with full factory warranty can be had for not much more then those "refurbished". And you get support on how to wire them up, to boot.
                      Just for the record, I reached out to you first, then my local dealer as suggested. I do appreciate the help.

Comment

I have the Shinny Syn Series.
                        In this scenario, here is what I like to do in order to boost the performance of the entire system.

Install a Syn-DX2.3HP to now drive the 4 tower pods. 300W rms to each pod v's the 190W rms they would receive from the OEM Syn-2

Move the woofer over to the existing Syn-2.

Now rearrange the in-boat amp wiring so the bow speakers are bridged on chns 1/2 and 3/4. Move the main cabin pairs to chnl 5 and 6. This will more then double the wattage they receive in the OEM configuration.

Thanks for the opportunity and I hope this was the advise I gave you. For those north of the border, going through the Canadian Wet Sounds distribution network, is my best advice to get the most out of your Wet Sounds product experience. Yes, I realize you may pay more then purchasing through a US online retailer thats willing to ship it across the border. However, if you were to have an issue and need a warranty repair/replacement. This would be fastest and smoothest solution for you.

For those in the US, I do like to suggest looking into a local dealer first. I know how it is to be the local brick and mortar and have the opportunity to earn the local biz. If no local dealer, then there are a couple authorized online outlets I suggest, knowing they support you before, during and after the sale.
                        Last edited by chpthril; 01-26-2020, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X