Coaxial Speakers for Wakesurfing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coaxial Speakers for Wakesurfing?

All we do is surf. Would a pair of coaxial tower speakers project well enough to be heard clearly up to about 20 ft behind the boat? Running FAE as well.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A coaxial is perfect for wake surfing and party cove listening. Id suggest at least one pair of 8" well powered. Other great options to consider would the a 9" or 11" HLCD like the Kicker KMTC9/11 or the 10" Wet Sounds Rev-10.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

all we do is surf. old boat had 4 icon8's. current boat has 4 rev10's. I'd go back to the icon8's for surfing in a heartbeat. rev's are stupid-loud and if you want to be the loudest on the water they are the speakers to have. the icon's imo were a lot more musical and didn't sound as harsh/bright as the rev's. they were plenty loud enough for us to listen to at the cove.
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Yeah the rev 10s are the best of the best in terms of sound quality and loudness. But are they necessary? No. Centurions down fire system for example using standard Roswell 8” speakers they are great for surfing without being too harsh.

Comment

Originally posted by sandm View Post
          all we do is surf. old boat had 4 icon8's. current boat has 4 rev10's. I'd go back to the icon8's for surfing in a heartbeat. rev's are stupid-loud and if you want to be the loudest on the water they are the speakers to have. the icon's imo were a lot more musical and didn't sound as harsh/bright as the rev's. they were plenty loud enough for us to listen to at the cove.
          Agreed, I've heard 5 or 6 sets of rev 10's and have always been impressed by the loudness and sound quality at a distance but up close in the boat you need earplugs as they are very harsh IMO.

I've thought about mounting some speakers in the transom for surfing, that way you can blast them without killing everyone in the boat.

Comment

Originally posted by SONIC View Post
            Agreed, I've heard 5 or 6 sets of rev 10's and have always been impressed by the loudness and sound quality at a distance but up close in the boat you need earplugs as they are very harsh IMO.

I've thought about mounting some speakers in the transom for surfing, that way you can blast them without killing everyone in the boat.
            Transom mounted speakers! Brilliant idea!

Thanks for the input fellas. Much appreciated.

Comment

More like an Epic idea
              Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                More like an Epic idea
                hahaha. now that was funny......
                2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I like my 9” kicker hclds. They aren’t too bright, plenty loud, and we spin them out in the cove. I use them when we are cruising too so the folks in the back seats can hear clearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

More like an Epic idea
                    Well played sir ;D

Comment

Originally posted by skiguy View Post

Thanks for the input fellas. Much appreciated.

Just want to make sure that you realize you are adding another water entrance point on the transom unless you somehow make it all water poof. The 22V is similar to the 24v with sloped transom, so water will likely enter there and if you are slammed to the rub rail.... probably under water.
                      Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Originally posted by Stingreye View Post
                        Just want to make sure that you realize you are adding another water entrance point on the transom unless you somehow make it all water poof. The 22V is similar to the 24v with sloped transom, so water will likely enter there and if you are slammed to the rub rail.... probably under water.
                        Thanks for the heads up. I just thought it was a good idea for speaker placement. I agree, It definitely would need to be a different transom design than the early 2000’s models.

Comment

I'm surprised that wetsounds hasn't come out with a 10" coaxial speaker yet.
                          Build thread: http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?14787-Duffy-s-2005-24v-wakesurfing-mod-thread&highlight=duffys+24v

Comment

Originally posted by duffymahoney View Post
                            I'm surprised that wetsounds hasn't come out with a 10" coaxial speaker yet.
                            It exists as an in-boat. Over coming the mid-bass robbing small tower pod, is a real challenge.

Comment

More like an Epic idea
                              My buddy with an epic is so obnoxious it’s sooooo loud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X