Wiring Question for new set up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiring Question for new set up?

I'm in the process of re-doing some of my stereo and have a couple questions in regards to the wiring configuration. I'll be going from a SYN 6 (inboats & Sub) & a PPI 900.4 (towers) to the SYN 6 running 4 pairs of inboats, PPI still for towers, and a Kicker CXA 1200.1 for 2 -12's. If I did the calculations right I'd be pushing upwards of 368 amps.

Of course there is existing OEM wiring for current two amp set up. Should I just run a new home run for power and ground to the batteries for the sub amp or run a new single service for everything?

Max current draw would be >300A. Realistically, I doubt you would see over 200A.

I would cut back the factory individual amp power cable runs and lay in a new trunk/branch w/distribution setup and single main circuit protection.

If your 09 has the ON/OFF switch and diode block isolator, I would also bail on that and install a proper dual bank setup. But if it has the OFF/ON/COMBINE switch and diode, id keep the switch and toss the diode in favor of a electric voltage sensing relay.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks Chpthril. My boat does still have the on/off switch and isolator so I'll look in to that as well.

Comment

What would be the best way to power all 4 pairs of inboats on the syn6? I see the existing main cabin speakers are all ready spliced together with the bow being independent.

Comment

What I like to do is; Wire the port bow bridged on chnls 1/2 and the STBD bow on 3/4. Then wire the port main cabin, already in parallel, to chnl 5 and then same with STBD main cabin on chnl 6.

Now, 4 pair changes thing up a bit. In this case, id still put the main cabin pairs on one chnls 5 & 6. Then bow pair on 1 & 2 and then the 4th pair on chnls 3 & 4. This would = 60 RMS to the bow and other pair, and about 150 rms to the main cabin speakers. You can gain down chnls 5/6 so they all are equal or gain 5/6 to their potential.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thank you.

It sounds like I may be better off staying with just 3 pairs and provide full power rather trying to add another pair in the walkway that would be then getting half the power? I may just stay with the 3 for now. With the re-design of my sub box and front panel I brought the WS650 forward which I hope will then provide me more sound at the helm.

*panel is still a work in progress.
            Attached Files

Comment

*panel is still a work in progress.
              Is the carpet permanent yet? I have matching marine carpet.

Comment

lol. Funny you should ask. I've actually been looking for some more carpet as what I used is a bit light and I'm debating on replacing it with darker. I also need more carpet for my amp panel and can't find any locally. 36" x 72" would cover both.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
                  lol. Funny you should ask. I've actually been looking for some more carpet as what I used is a bit light and I'm debating on replacing it with darker. I also need more carpet for my amp panel and can't find any locally. 36" x 72" would cover both.
                  Let me measure my roll and see how much I have in the AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X