X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional Speakers??

Looking for opinions/ideas.

Boat is an 09 22VE

I picked up some additional pairs of WS650's and would like to put another pair in my boat centered around the helm as I find most of the sound is behind the driver. The single under the dash speaker is hardly noticeable IMO.
    -My thoughts are a pair in the walkway up high closer to the dash but I believe this isn't always a good option have two speakers facing each other at that distance?
    -I plan on building a new sub box under the helm and thought about bringing the one existing speaker forward and including another to be the L/R of the existing.
    -Extra work but a pair mounted in pods facing forward off the tower down and in would work well too. I only have one set of Rev10's so the extra mounts are open.
    -Last idea was in the side of the observer seat base facing directly at the driver and the second behind the drivers seat facing out.

Suggestions??
    Attached Files

I set up my 07’ 22VE as depicted in OEM setup except that the under helm location is my 12” sub box only. That 4th XS-650 speaker is mounted on the flat part of the seat behind the driver facing the passengers. All the other cockpit speakers are in the space above the cup holders.
    I feel the sound in the cockpit is good and well balanced but I think it really depends on how much power you’re running to individual speakers and how the amps are tuned, equalizer settings, etc... I’m running 100 watts to each 650 on a 6 channel wetsounds htx-6.

Comment

my '12 22ve had bow in factory, 2 speakers in the rear of the cabin above cupholders, 1 under passenger area above cupholders and I mounted the 4th facing the passenger in the seat base where the goofy holder is that could hold some sunscreen or a manual. this worked good. under the helm was a 12" sub. fed them with an arc audio 4ch but don't remember the exact wattage. it was a pretty large amp and guessing it was around 100wpc. I toned down the bows as they were 1 speaker 1 channel and we never have anyone up there. cabins were wired 2 on a channel.
      I liked the sound and didn't have any issues with it as the driver. most of our time was spent surfing so we primarily ran the tower icon8's and turned the volume down on the in boats thru the eq most of the time.
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

If powering off the OEM amp, your available chnl options are 1 and 2 in parallel with the bow pair, or head unit. This may play into your locations, if you wanted to maintain any sense of stereo, or have zone control.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

How are your rev10s powered? I’ve found that my Rev10s with 300w each speaker is so loud that I actually turn down my 4 in boats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bamer I have about 450watts to my Rev10's currently. The Syn 2 was removed a few years back and replaced with a ppi 900.4. That sound is behind the driver however.

Chpthril: I currently have my sub on the Syn 6 (ch 5&6) but will pull it off and to it's own amp going forward as I'll be going from the 1-12 I have now to 2-12's.

Comment

Working...
            X