fishing wires through Alpha Z?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fishing wires through Alpha Z?

Boy it's been a long time since I've been here!
    Got me a 2009 RZ2 and the previous owner cut the pro 60 wires at the tower and they're just a mess. (yea, I knew there were issues but not like this...)

Any rate, I got all the speakers off and I'm ready to fish wires. The syn6 is running all the cabin speakers and looks like the syn2 must have been daisy chained for the 4 Pro60s on the tower?
    If anyone has knowledge of the way the factory wiring was run, I would appreciate sharing and I would LOVE some tips and tricks on how to fish wires through the Alpha Z!

Thanks in advance guys!
    Waiting for another good one!

Yes, syn-6 drives in-boats and syn-2 would drive towers.

Ive done it in 3 main stages. Using a fish tape and contractor string; up through port side deck/tower bass to tower hinge. tower hinge to docking light hole. Docking light hole to first speaker location. From there, you can create a parallel splice and jump over to port side inboard speaker spot.

Not for the STBD side, you will need to pull the cap off the tower center that covers the flip light/tow point, to pass the wire to the in-board tower spot. then like before, make a parallel splice to jump to the outer STBD speaker spot.

If only running 1 pair, you dont need to make the parallel splices.

Glad to see you back
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Thanks Mike! Appreciate it!

you brought up another good point... the anchor light! I'll need to re-wire that too!

Comment

That one will go down the STBD side, but basically the same method, unless theres some left over to tie onto and use it to pull the new. 18ga wire is all thats needed for it.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Remove the light on the port side to help with feeding the wires through as well. You can pull them to the light then fish a wire from the bottom of the hoop to the light housing area, then pull the wires down. Be sure to leave enough slack at the base so you can fold the tower. There is a hole drilled in the base so you can zip tie the wires to the tower. You don't want to put everything in snug and fold the tower for the first time causing all of your wires to pull/break.
          Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks KoolAid.

I did fold the tower down to see if maybe some wires were wadded up in there but there weren't any. I saw the hole drilled in the tower when I folded it, but when I looked down in there, I saw a "fork" looking thing and I thought that was maybe supposed to tie into the tower? Any idea what that is for?

Comment

Are all the old (two 2-con IIRC) speaker wires pulled from the tower? They should be the only wires down the port side tower leg I think. No speaker LEDs in 09.

Comment

Well, everything was removed from the tower... got the speaker wires fished up the port side at least and noticed the dock lights and anchor lights are all cut as well.
                All three of those lights go down the STBD side and to the dash I assume?
                Man, never has been a site as helpful as TO IMO! Thanks guys!

Comment

I know this doesn't belong in the stereo forum either, but anyone know where I can get those dock light assemblies at? These were gorilla glued together and missing the clear covers.

Comment

Your dealer can order you a set. The design is different from your original ones but a heck of a lot easier to install.

Yes, lights go to starboard and speakers to port.
                    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                    X