Head Unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head Unit

Currently have the Clarion CMD8 - what are some options out there?
    I have a Tige 2005 24V.

Are there any functioning wired remotes? CMD8 would not have been the original model, and the original remotes would not be compatible with the newer CMD8.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Looks to be the MW1

Comment

If i bought a replacement CMD8 it doesn't have the same hookup for the wired remote?

Comment

The original 6-pin remotes that would have come along with the CMD4, will not work correctly with the new 8-pin CMD8.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Yah, check your pins on the remote. 7 on the outside, 1 in the midde, your good. they actually made an adapter at one point which would be bad for you as the remotes wont work correctly.. Luckily, a previous owner replaced the old remotes with MW1s.

FWIW, I replaced my CMD5 or whatever it was with the M508. I kept the built in MW1 for source control, and plan to put in a WS420SQ so I can control the volume more seamlessly - the Clarion remote response to volume sucks, and my current solution to Inboat vs Tower control doesn't impact the sub. So it's cludgy anyways. the 508 has great bluetooth response and it drives my amps just fine with simple equalizer control. And it was a lot cheaper then a WSMW1 or a JL MediaMaster, which would have required extensive modification to get helm control the way I wanted it (Why spend 600 bucks on a screen inside the glove box?)

I've thought about whether I should have just replaced the stereo all together with a WS420BT since all I listen to is my phone anyway... but who knows if I'll ever want to just have FM stereo... And I want a transom remote... And you know, other stuff a single source unit like that cannot do. So I'm pretty comfortable with my decision.

We also run Kenwood and Pioneer media head units in the other boats. They work fine, but you'll have to swap out remotes and cables.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness there. Hope that helps! Also, I have a 22VE so simlar setup!

Comment

Working...
            X